“Decent lunch, decent service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cadillac Jack's American Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cadillac Jack's American Steakhouse
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cadillac Jack's American Steakhouse prides itself in serving the most authentic American Steakhouse food this side of the Atlantic. All of our smoked products are smoked onsite. Our meats are locally sourced, 28 day extra mature meats giving you the most tender and juicy steak experience for miles. We hand cut all our own fries and our desserts are also prepared by hand in our kitchen. We also stock a wide variety of American Beer, to include the popular American Craft Beers. Cadillac Jack's..."Get More Of What You Really Want"!
“Decent lunch, decent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We went to CJ for my husband's birthday lunch on Saturday15 june. I was disappointed to find that they didn't serve any steaks at lunchtime, but my husband said he would get a burger instead. Upon arrival we were told their card machine was out of order, so it was cash only, which was a little annoying as we had to walk to the machine down the road and take out some money before we could eat. Despite being a Saturday lunchtime, we were the only people in the restaurant.

We were seated and given drinks within minutes, although there weren't many non alcoholic drinks to choose from - lemonade and pepsi or ice tea (and the pepsi machine was out of order also!) I had garlic mushrooms and my husband had potato skins to start, and both were very nice. I had about 10 mushrooms, it was a huge starter and was also invited to help myself from the salad bar. The main courses were also good, I had chicken and cheese enchiladas and my husband got a huge burger with chilli and salad (although he had specifically asked for the salad to be left off and it wasn't, he picked it off and the burger was good).

I would say overall the food was good value for money, but nothing spectacular, so 7/10.
Service was pretty slow but decent, so again 7/10.
Atmosphere was a bit dingy, but it was a gloomy rainy day so that didn't help 6/10

Probably would go again in the evening just to try the steaks.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

“Awful !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Terrible Food , service , prices the list goes on , waited nearly 1 hour for a salad !! , when it came out It looked like a side salad portion !! . Do not eat here save your money go to McDonalds lol

• Visited May 2013
8 Thank Kerry L
West row
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ribeye steak and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Hi we have been to CJ.s 3 times on a Monday lunchtime as we work in the eve,the steaks were cooked medium well and tasted very Nice the staff were friendly and pleasant.the place was clean and tidy and we would eat there again.

1 Thank NigelwWestrow
Littleport, United Kingdom
“How can you get it so wrong?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Where to start. Came to this restaurant with friends in its opening week so you can expect maybe a few kinks, but this was ridiculous!!! When the waitress came to take our order she recited all the things they were out of which seemed to be over half the menu. The service was painfully slow over an 1 hr 15 mins for our starters of chicken wings which were tiny, bland and greasy. As for the steaks considering this is supposed to be a steakhouse not one of 4 was cooked the way it was supposed to be!! 3 were practically burnt to a crisp whilst the other was almost blue when we all ordered medium rare, its almost like they forgot about the 4th one so chucked it on the grill and sent it with the others! We complained to our waitress who apologized but that was it!! No offer to replace our meals, no money off or complimentary drinks, Terrible food, terrible service. Will not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Kitty L
Newmarket, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellet Steaks and Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Took the family here to try it out and see what all the commotion was about. I have to say, it was one of the best meals we have had in the surrounding area. My wife had the Rib-eye and I had the Ribs and I must say neither could be faulted. Service was a bit slow, but there were quite a few tables. Dunno what everyone else is talking about unless they are just jumping on the band wagon for all the negativity. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a good meal.

• 5 of 5 bubbles