We were guests at a wedding held at the hotel and also stayed overnight. The wedding was conducted in a very professional manor by both manager and supporting staff. The grounds are lovely for photos and the meal was very good. Mass catering is always problematical but with a choice for both starters and dessert it was provided with the minimum of fuss. The food was delicious, well-cooked and hot and served by an abundance of staff who were lovely. Our room was at the back on the second floor. Lovely views and very well appointed. I can't complain about the noise as it was our disco but it is something to consider if there is a function on. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and tasty but most of us couldn't do it justice after the previous night's activities! I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, Suffolk