Stayed for one night on the way to Newmarket Races. I totally disagree with the Pewterjuglady! We found the hotel and staff very inviting and welcoming. The hotel was very nicely decorated throughout with very tasteful furnishings etc. Although we didn't have an evening meal the restaurant catered very well for breakfast. The waitress definitely deserves a mention as she was very pleasant and made our breakfast experience one of relaxing pleasure. Unlike most other hotels I've stayed in (and there have been lots!), the Riverside breakfast was faultless - freshly cooked to order and most important for me - hot!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (especially convenient to Newmarket Racecourse which is 20 minutes away by car).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, Suffolk