Riverside House Hotel
US$74
US$72
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Bull Inn(Barton Mills)
US$121
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
US$120
Travelodge Barton Mills(Barton Mills)(Great Value!)
US$61
Travelodge
US$147
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
Hotels.com
All reviewswedding venueafternoon tealovely hotelsunday lunchair conditioningvisiting the areafamily roomvery pleasant staystayed for one nightlovely roommain coursebreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastsuzannemumsdiscostarters
Reviewed 21 December 2010

where do i start we had a party of 113 guests to celibrate the biggest day of our lives, from start to finish from management to all the staff on show and behind the scenes everything was perfect the staff are so friendly, polite and curtious the food is 120% and the price is very resonable me and my wife have not a single bad word to say and all our guests have only said postive words we will definatly recommend the riverside hotel to anyone who is looking to have a gorgeous beautiful setting for there wedding, we had 18 guests who stayed in the hotel over night and 28 guests stayed for a meal the next day which was as perfect as the day before the rooms are perfect and everything is very modern, i wish all the people involed all the best and i look forward to visiting the hotel again very soon, on a whole there are not enough stars to rate this hotel.

thank you for making our wedding day so special

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2010

After hearing the hotel was under new ownership, I was interested in seeing what the hotel would look like & I was amazed with the transformation! Upon entering the hotel, you are instantly greeted by happy staff members working in reception, new furniture, lovely refurblished rooms, fantastic food & happy/helpful staff members... what more could you ask for!?

Very pleased customer & I will be visiting very soon! :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2010

The hotel is very clean and the staff are more than happy to help with any requests. The service was superb, and the food and wine could not be faulted. Rooms were very comfortable, whole stay was very relaxed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I had to come to Mildenhall on business on the 8th December and was told by my MD that I would be staying at the Riverside Hotel, my face dropped as I had stayed there on two other occations and the place was, well to be quite frank terrible. I arrived around 4.30pm and immediately noticed the new look to the front of the hotel. I parked my car in the newley tarmaced car park and made my way to reception. As I entered a friendly smiling face greated me with a good afternoon sir may I help you, I was taken aback and replied with WOW what has happened to this place?. I was told that the hotel had been bought by three local business men who closed it for six months and completley gutted it. Everything was brand new from the kitchens to the to the newley landscaped gardens.
After a couple of moments a gentleman arrived and introduced himself as the general manager and offered to show me to my room. I accepted his offer as I thought I could quiz him more on the refurbishment of the hotel. as we walked up the stairs he explained that all the rooms, restaurant , bars and function room had been
refurbished and that I was one of the first people to stay in room 16. As he opened the door you could just smell the newness. A large double bed was to one side of what I would call a good sized room, there was also air conditioning, freeview TV and tea and coffee making facalities, he explained how everything worked, told me that the bar was open if I fancied a drink and if their was anything else I required to ask for him at reception. After a piping hot shower I ventured down stairs to the bar where I was greeted by the barman. A couple of drinks later I made my way to the restaurant and was shown to my table. I am a steak man so ordered a fillet steak Med Rare I must say it was cooked to perfection. I chatted with the restaurant staff who were very friendly, they made me feel quite at home. I finished my meal with chocolate mousse cake which was delightfull. As I went up to bed I was already looking forward to breakfast.

I received my wake up call at 7.00am as promissed and after another hot shower went down to the restaurant. What can I say, the full english was perfect.

I do not usually bother with review sites but after staying at the newley refurbished and newley renamed Riverside House Hotel & Restaurant I wanted to let people know how good it is, well worth a visit. Good luck to you all.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank petersimmons
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We visited on a busy December 2010 Saturday, just 2 weeks after the re-opening of this popular local hotel. As we live locally, we only had (a rather good) lunch, but were also treated to a tour of the premises and the refurbished bedrooms.

All reception areas for the hotel have been totally refurbished in a very modern and appealing style that is also compatible with the historic features of the building - there is a real 'wow' factor when you first enter. There is a delightful 'library' just off the main reception area where morning coffee or business meetings can be enjoyed. There are two bars, one is a comfortable lounge-style facility where drinks and bar snacks are served, the other is a more 'serious' bar which will no doubt become a popular venue for locals at the weekend. There was a good selection of drinks, including 3 real ales - the two I tried were kept in perfect condition.

The main restaurant is very comfortably laid out; although there are plenty of tables, it is not too crowded and affords wonderful views across the gardens to the local river. While we were having lunch it was full of family parties appearing to have a very convivial time. The menu is pretty straightforward, and bound to have something to please all palates - my children and I particularly enjoyed the gourmet burger and local artisan sausages. While there was a slight delay in the arrival of our food, it was was very well-presented and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, so this blip did not spoil our enjoyment. My only complaint about the food was that the chips with the burger were machine cut, rather than hand cut and these detracted from the quality of the bread and fillet steak. My wife had cod with new potatoes and spinach and she thought it was lovely. In the New Year, we are told there will be a new specials menu with seasonal specialities to replace the Christmas menu.

After lunch, one of the owners gave us a tour of a few of the bedrooms. Having once stayed in the Riverside a few years ago for a New Years' party, these were a revelation. Every single room has been totally refurbished in a every clean, contemporary style. I travel quite extensively for business and these rated as highly as any I have seen in their class. Each room has a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facility, desk/dressing table and appeared to offer all the comfort and practicality needed for either stays for work or for leisure. The bathrooms are beautifully appointed with modern fixtures; only a few have baths but the others have very large modern showers.

All in all, the Riverside has been transformed. While there are a lot of old reviews still on the web, it is really only worth considering peoples' experiences after December 2010. We understand from our conversation with the management that there are plenty of plans for further development of the facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family