All reviews the pub fish and chips snug area sloping floors piped music sunday lunch lots of character real fire reared pork light lunch skate wing double room black pudding maltings adnams suffolk field
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Really old pub with rooms and excellent food.
Beams, sloping floors and walls with period fittings and furniture.
Bedroom was light and airy, a good size and very comfy. Bathroom was a little cramped with its sloping roof restricting things when standing in the bath and unfortunately no shower.
Breakfast was superb, freshly cooked and a good range of quality ingredients all served by friendly staff.
Would be very happy to stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2018

In my opinion, the words Bed and Breakfast sum up two specific areas that need to be provided. First, the bed/accommodation/room/furniture/en suite and secondly the Breakfast. Sadly on checking in to the Crown I didn't have time to check out the bedroom and en suite fully, and it wasn't until after dinner in the evening (which was very nice) that I decided to have a bath...no shower in this room. The bath was filthy,the bath mat had the imprint of two feet on it,the toilet had been used and abused. The complimentary toiletries consisted of a glass bottle with an inch of something bright blue in, some cottonwool balls and a half used bottle of hand gel. There was a rubber detachable shower that I hadn't seen since childhood, and the sloping ceiling made getting in and out very tricky. My 86 year old mother decided to give it a miss. The beds and linen were fine, although the fraying, over-sized bed spreads were very sad.(There was also no TV in the room, no milk for the tea/coffee) Breakfast was an adventure, I had something that resembled scrambled eggs, but tasted very nasty, burnt toast and only one small cup of coffee, no pots or hot milk on offer. I'm sorry to say that I had to mention the state of the bathroom on checking out, to be told that a member of staff uses the bath in this room and had obviously not cleaned ....surely something the manager should check. I was offered a discount to the bill, then suffered a rant from the manageress for bringing these shortfalls to her attention. Perhaps a chat about what could be done better to improve the guests experience would have been the better option? I fully appreciate the words "rustic charm" and "authentic" but there is no excuse for "dirty" or "inadequate".

Room Tip: Only two rooms to chose from, twin or double
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We have just spent a most enjoyable weekend in Snape, staying at the Crown Inn. The staff are very friendly and the double room was delightful, with an extremely comfortable bed. We hadn't intended to have an evening meal there, but were persuaded by the menu. I had vegetable tagine with couscous and my husband had skate wing - both were nicely presented and perfect portion sizes. Our breakfasts were freshly cooked and, again, exactly the right size portions. This was our second stay at the Crown and we will certainly go back there.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms available, both are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely opportunity to have a relaxing stay at a truly traditional country pub and b&b. We sat in front of the roaring log fire in the snug area whilst reading and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the countryside. Later we both enjoyed a bottle of wine and a beautifully prepared meal of home reared pork, locally sourced partridge and then sticky toffee pudding (more sauce please). Having a room to retire to meant we could enjoy our meal, the wine, and the atmosphere of the inn without worrying about drink driving. The next day we woke to the sounds of the countryside, geese honking, chickens clucking, (something out of a Beatrix Potter story book). When we went down for breakfast we were served a hearty English breakfast of cereal, toast, and then bacon, sausage, black pudding, cherry tomatoes, baked beans, mushroom and fried egg. Everything is locally produced to the highest standards. The quaint old building is rustic with sloping and beamed ceilings. Floors that are up and down and has a narrow staircase. The bed was large and very comfortable. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. It was perfect for taking some time out from our busy lives.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I called in just for a drink, the selection of beers was limited. It appeared to be more of an eatery rather than a bar. The staff were sadly disinterested and service was slow. I only stayed for one drink.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo