We stayed here for a wedding. We paid £300 for two nights. The room we stayed in was more out of a corporate hotel than a seaside Inn. The bathroom was mouldy and the whole feel of the room was quite uninviting. The saving grace of The Crown, however, were the staff. They could not be more helpful especially as we were staying with our one year old. Helpful hint, if you are staying with a baby and can bring your own travel cot, do. They charge for hiring one and it's the same travel cot as you would bring!
Would we stay here again? Maybe, as the service and food were excellent, just let down by the dated decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly on Southwold’s High Street, The Crown is at the heart of the town and just moments away from the beach. Something of a Suffolk food institution, The Crown has always offered outstanding quality food and wine in a wonderfully informal setting. The wine list boasts a tantalising range of wines by the glass, one doesn’t have to have a bottle. It also showcases a range of well kept and award-winning Adnams beers and spirits. Our 14 bedrooms are all stylish and full of character, offering a high standard of accommodation and a comfortable, memorable stay in Southwold. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Southwold
- Crown Southwold
- Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Crown Southwold, Suffolk