We'd pretty much fallen out with the crown as the service over a number of visits was so poor (slow, wrong things brought, staff not interested...) but the last couple of visits have been great. Perhaps it's because we've been lucky enought to be served by the charming and efficient Alisdair, or perhaps it's Darren's influence at front of house, but it's been much improved. The food has always been good but now it's matched by the service. Only downside now is the booking experience: you have to go through to a central number and it's not unusual to be hanging on for 15 or 20 minutes before the phone is answered. Get that sorted please adnams!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exciting and intimate combination of small hotel, wine bar, pub and restaurant, Adnams Crown Hotel is always buzzing with a lively informality. The food is famously good and the wine list wonderful. You don't have to take our word for it - The Crown is an award winning hotel and was named Suffolk Dining Pub of the Year by the Good Pub Guide in 2013 and 2014. Situated on Southwold's High Street in Suffolk, The Crown is at the heart of activities, and just a few moments away from the seaside. Relax before lunch or dinner in our snug 'Back Bar' with a pint of Adnams famous beer. Free WiFi available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Southwold
- Crown Southwold
- Crown Hotel Southwold
- The Crown Southwold, Suffolk