“Lovely stay at the Blyth Hotel Southwold early in the New Year 2014”
Review of Blyth Hotel

Blyth Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Southwold
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We enjoyed a lovely few days in Southwold staying at the Blyth Hotel which was recommended on trip advisor by a friend of a friend on facebook. We had the Aldburgh room which had a huge en-suite bathroom with a large window in it, a powerful shower and a very nice bedroom attached which although on a main road was very quiet at night. The hotel was about ten minutes walk from Southwold pier. The cooked breakfast was great and so were the evening meals. Very good value for money

Room Tip: Aldburgh room was nice and big
1  Thank Molennium1

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I were given this 2 night stay as a Christmas gift and I have to say it is the best gift ever. We travelled to Southwold on a Monday and stayed until Wednesday, our 2 nights in this hotel were bliss. The room was a good size as was the bathroom. The heating was just right, the hotel staff were kind and friendly and very helpful. The place is very clean and welcoming, they have their own bar which is lovely and the locals are also friendly. But I have to say I have never tasted food like it, it is out of this world and all this from a chef who is only 21, this young man has a great future ahead of him. The food is local, beautifully presented and tastes wonderful. What a lovely place and a lovely atmosphere. We will be returning again and again. This time we were on our own, but would consider taking our children next time. This hotel is also dog friendly so take your 4 legged friend with you. I have given it a 5 rating overall but sleep quality I marked down, not that it was their fault, having had an operation earlier in the year I couldnt get comfortable on, what was for my taste a firmer mattress.

Room Tip: My partner and I stayed in room 3 however they do have larger rooms available with a jacuzzi bath.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We came here for a weekend break on the dinner bed and breakfast deal which was good value. We were in the Aldeburgh room and our friends were in the Southwold. I think these are probably the best two bedrooms in the hotel. Ours was a reasonable size and comfortable, and the Southwold looked great as it was very big. Our bathroom was OK but there were some instructions provided relating to the shower, explaining how to turn the tap to avoid scalding. However, following the instructions seemed to create the problem with scalding. We ate in the restaurant both nights. I personally didn't think the food was that great despite it being nicely presented. For example the peas with my fish and chips were like bullets, and the grapes with the cheeseboard came out still frozen. We liked the bar and the overall ambience of the place. If we were staying in Southwold again we would come back here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loobyloo2000
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just returned from another lazy weekend in Southwold and we wouldn't stay anywhere but The Blyth. It has it's own unique style which is very warm and welcoming and the staff are excellent. We find it very reasonable value and the food is delicious! The Blyth is just a great place to relax and unwind and we will be back in the near future for sure... Chris & Karen

1  Thank ChrisBNorwich
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Tried to book with a groupon promotion but was unable to have any of the 5/6 dates I offered, as groupon promotions can only be used on certain dates.So booked for the dinner b&b instead for £120 per night for 2 people.Food was fab and to a high restaurant standard, the waitress was brilliant and very friendly and helpful.The room was nice with a large shower however the double bed was 2 singles pushed together making it very uncomfortable for my husband who had a very lumpy mattress! Nice bar and quiet lounge room.The first morning breakfast was a disaster as there was no waiting staff due to nobody turning in for work, so we had to chip in together to get through breakfast.When the owner arrived later in the day he gave no apologies for the inconvenience caused, the apologies were left for the staff on checkout to do when we paid the bill.We did have the breakfast refunded though when we made it clear we could not pay for a service we did not receive which was acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a proper double bed and hopefully not 2 singles pushed together
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I visited the Blyth on January 14th 2014 for two days. This was a surprise for my wife. We had booked via late rooms.com. On travelling to the Blyth I had a phone call from Richard telling us that he had upgraded our room and had given us their Southwold suite (including jacuzzi). What a wonderful gesture. Both myself and my wife were very humbled by the kindness and genuine care shown by Richard and his staff. Would certainly recommend the Blyth Hotel. This was our second visit, the first being about 5 years ago.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked fairly late by my parents, our family group of ten were not sure what to expect. Very pleasantly surprised. Lovely lunch, beautifully presented and served by friendly attentive staff. Beautifully decorated room. Definitely represented good value and got our family holiday off to a great start.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southwold
Randolph Hotel
#1 of 4 in Aldeburgh
The Westleton Crown
The Westleton Crown
#1 of 1 in Westleton

Been to Blyth Hotel? Share your experiences!