We have been coming to Southwold as day visitors for many years when our children were at home but this was the first time we have stayed. We had a fantastic 2 night stay at Sutherland House for a belated birthday treat for my husband which included making his own Gin at the Adnams distillery!!
We stayed in the Earl of Sandwich room which was warm, charming and very comfortable & had the bonus of the 'Wow' factor when we were shown the huge bath. Perfect location for enjoying a glass of fizz! Access to the rooms was by an outside staircase within the garden which meant we were free to come & go as we pleased once we'd checked in but a bonus on wet days was that access to the restaurant was also available inside the building! The staff and Andy were all very welcoming & friendly, the food in the restaurant was excellent as was breakfast on both mornings. Look forward to returning later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk