You can't do better in Southwold than Sutherland House. The rooms are spaciously comfortable yet quirky enough in their 15thCentury character to appeal to those who don't like cookie-cutter hotel rooms. History is in the floor boards of this characterful place and I urge those with a discerning palate to take a sea side trip to soak up the atmosphere and dine on the sweetest fresh fish. I had the River Deben moules, among a selection of carefully selected locally sourced fare you're not going to find everywhere. The owner Andy is a lovely chap with lots of good stories. In no time at all you'll feel like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel set in a medieval building in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold. Included in THE TIMES; 30 coolest hotels on the coast. April 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutherland House Hotel And Restaurant
- Sutherland Hotel Southwold
- Sutherland House Hotel & Restaurant Southwold, Suffolk