Spacious characterful room (number 1) with view of the sea over the salt marsh/dunes.
Efficient friendly cheerful staff, excellent service catering for special request ( hard set yolk on poached egg).
Relaxed atmosphere with large terraced areas and garden. Direct access to footpath down to the beach.
Only slight negatives - no orange juice for breakfast, wine by the glass expensive, dinner starter not up to what I assume would be their normal standard (charcuterie which included smoked salmon with small portions of meat).
That did not however spoil a really most enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A village pub with a difference. Our addiction to fresh, top quality, locally sourced where possible produce, combined with a thirst for excellence have evolved into what has been described as a "must go to place on the Suffolk coast." Our approach to food is robust; we want to put on each plate satisfying combinations of flavours and textures. We have a good range of characterful draught beers, and numerous world class bottled beers, organic soft drinks and over 150 drop dead lovely wines from some of the earth’s most inspired winemakers. We offer the same menu throughout, with more formal Restaurant dining on a bookings basis and more relaxed walk-ins, in the Bar. We also have seating for 150 outside on three terraces, with table service available for those warmer days. Our renovated flint barn is a highly versatile space, equipped with a drop-down screen and a projector, ideal for business meetings, strategy reviews, team building exercises, corporate training, presentations, film showings or private parties to mention just a few of its uses. It has been put to good use in the cause of village based charity fund raising projects as well as providing the theatre for Food Safari events, cask beer festivals and the Aldebrough Doc. Fest. fringe event weekend November 2011. Free time relaxation can include everything from Golf at several well established Courses, to Horse Riding at Bramfield Equestrian Centre, Sky Diving for all levels at Beccels, Aromatherapy in walking distance or sea fishing of Walberswick Coast with Mark Felton. Beer Academy and WSCT (Wine and Spirits) educational courses are available by arrangement. Our Hotel Accommodation: We have just undergone a thorough renovation of our Now Cedar Clad Chalets, enhancing the environment in which to enjoy the Sea View. We offer 10 rooms in total, 6 spacious en suite room garden chalets, as well as several room options in the main building. All the rooms have a large flat screen TV, with Freeview and IPod Alarm Clock docking Stations. Ample free parking is provided with direct access to the beach, Dunwich Forest or the Marshes. RSPB Minsmere, Southwold and Aldeburgh are all close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchor Hotel Walberswick
- The Anchor Walberswick, Suffolk