“I Understand They are now Closed”
Review of The Blacksmiths - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“I Understand They are now Closed”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Trip advisor have just asked me for a review.

I heard this place had closed with an Estate Agents sign outside.

It used to offer an interesting Menu with Eastern European influences. It needed refurbishing but if the guy has retired then that explains why. It was clean and actually the dated décor and menu gave me a "time warp" experience which was rather charming. We were served by the boss I think and he was very pleasant and professional.

I would strongly recommend The Wild Mushroom at Westfield as an alternative venue for excellent food, service and pleasant surroundings.

• Visited November 2012

“Where can we eat now?!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We've been going to the blacksmiths in battle for many years and are really sad that Martin has decided to retire. We have been unable to find another restaurant that has such a wide menu and helpful staff. We have never been disappointed once with any meal here and are sport to see you leave.

2 Thank Ilikefoodmmm
East Sussex
“CLOSED”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The Blacksmiths has finally closed after gradually going downhill in the face of so much competition in the area.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank John_the_Cat
Hastings, United Kingdom
“surprised by negative reviews”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was always our family choice for occasions though have not been much lately. However we visited again recently with visitors and found it was as good as ever. I don't like soggy veg but did not find that description to be true.It does have some different choices. I agree the decor has not been changed for some time and we were surprised that not many tables were occupied- visited at lunchtime whereas we have previously only eaten in the evenings

• Visited August 2012
Sussex
“A second chance.......”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We did have a rather disappointing visit some time ago but thought it deserved a second chance. The first time was an evening where most places can look better "in the half light". The atmosphere at lunchtime was rather like being in a residential home. It was all a bit "tired". I am sure with the prices charged a makeover could be undertaken. There were five tables occupied and one elderly (obviously regular) customer said to the waiter in quite a loud voice "you have a few more in today" - she was not popular! The food was uninspiring and expensive and most suitable for a nursing home where nobody complains!

We will not be returning for a third time.

• Visited September 2012