“The children love this especially the shop”
Review of Yesterday's World - CLOSED

Yesterday's World
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My children have been here a number of times over the years with school and with me. They love it. And the shop is great for finding well priced presents for little ones and adults alike.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We saw a leaflet advertising this hence the visit. There is SO much to see!! It really is a sight for those with a nostalgic leaning, floors and floors of items, some we still have in our house!
A cracking Royalty exhibition, street scenes as well as ye olde shoppes. Unfortunately we arrived late so missed the tea shop.
A really good way to spend an hour or two.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Visited with my wife today,
If you look at most guides in the shops etc you can get a voucher for a couple of quid off each ticket.
Attraction was good and very interesting with good displays.
Not sure what some people are moaning about as even at full ticket price (£7 odd ) its pretty good value considering the prices some places charge.
Only thing i would say for anyone coming for the first time is that its not really for small children, we wouldn't have bought our 3 year old with us and judging by the amount of screaming children i can only assume the ones who were in there clearly weren't enjoying it.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Visited with my family, we had money off vouchers which the cashier did make a fuss about however I was not deterred. Plenty to see in this place and great outdoor area too if the weather is good. Overall a good day out, take a picnic with you,

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2013

As other reviews have said, it is a labyrinth of tardis like proportions. Split over 3 floors and 2 buildings, the small 2 shop frontage is massively deceptive. It has a cleverly design single direction walkway (though you can go back for another look) which keeps things moving.

The displays are very detailed and, quite frankly, slightly disturbing as I see things from my childhood in the 1970's (OK, some of those things dated from the 50's that happened to be around in my house).

There's a nice open plan cafe, light and airy with a veranda and a very nice largish lawn outside with a rather nicely put together children's area. This should be very nice in summer for picnicking.

Totally recommended and could be combined with a visit to the Abbey to fill up a day.

1  Thank Robertsbridge_Watts