“Pleasantly surprised at the step back in time!”
Review of Yesterday's World - CLOSED

Yesterday's World
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We saw this across the street from the Abbey and weren't sure if it was worth going but we loved it! Place is huge and took 2 hours to see it fully. My friend was a child during the war and found it very nostalgic and touching in many ways. I also enjoyed creeping thru this ancient house, it was quite a maze. The buttons at some of the exhibits were really interesting, although a few of them didn't work. I thought it was well worth the modest price.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This only goes to show how far our lives have moved forward and brought back memories for all ages. A great lesson for kids to see how there parents/grandparents lived. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Can you imagine any of us living the way these people did? I'm a great one for listening to the spiel as I go round these places and absolutely loved the cook chatting to the kitchen maid who was having a moan about all she had to do during the course of the day. Cook was adamant her workload was heavier...but she was relieved she had all her "labour-saving gadgets". What would her reaction be today, I wonder?
Yesterday's World is a wealth of knowledge and many of the displays brought back memories of things my grandparents had/used when I was a child.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Visited mid week with our two year old. Small venue, but lots packed in. Our toddler enjoyed the immature houses in the garden and spent at least an hour playing in these. We then took it in turns to look at the scenes inside once again. Use the voucher on the tourist info leaflet for the venue offering a pound off per adult. Did not use the cafe / tea room as it appeared closed. I would say this is a morning or afternoon visit, not all day.

1  Thank djcarlos2001