“Loved it.”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Could have stayed much longer but parking time ran out. Used Tesco vouchers. Staff very pleasant. Lots of interesting relics of the past. As a family with a teenager we found this to be a most enjoyable attraction.

1 Thank 9950angela

Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Interesting collection”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I think this museum houses some really interesting "everyday" items from yesteryear. I was born in the 1980s so I don't remember the items from my own lifetime yet I still find it fascinating to see what things were like all those years ago.
The good thing about this museum is that it doesn't expect you to read massive info panels about each area, they just leave you to look around at your leisure.
There are a lot of stairs and some are quite steep, also there is not much head room in some areas. Not a problem for me but I would say anybody with any kind of mobility issue will not be able to cope with it.
Nice big garden with attached tea room, which was sadly closed due to staff shortages.
A good day out.

London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Yesterdays World - Fun on your own or with the family!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This Museum of Rooms/ Memorabilia and easy listening bits of History was a surprise to me. Much bigger than I had thought (over several floors) with a lift to some of it and a garden for children to play in with a Cafe and Terrace, one could spend as much time as one wanted to here. I enjoyed nearly 2 hours of recognising odd bits and pieces from my memory and from my Parent's Stories.

Household memorabilia/looking through the window of an old Pub, a Tobacco Shop, a Pharmacy, a Sweet shop and others of Times Passed. There is a Kitchen from the "Big House", Childrens Bedrooms/Playrooms and a Nursery. Press a button and the toys light up, press another and the story behind the scenes is told.

Other experiences are relived, Uniforms from WW2, rationing books and the weekly amount of food is shown plus a Bunker fitted out as it was, round another corner a potted History of WW1. Not to forget a Royal Room with Queen Victoria sitting on her Throne, chatting about life in her time and how things had changed. There were Uniforms, Pictures and china charting various Royal Events since her time.
Cost = £7.95 per Adult (£6.95 per Senior Cits ) with children and or groups a combined cheaper Fee.
Well worth the money. I shall go back and on Exit buy some old fashioned sweets in their Souvenir shop where today I bought Old Victorian pennies and mini replicas of Campaign medals. All ages will find something of interest here. The stairs are tiring and the attic ones narrow and low but there are plenty of rails. I didn't try the café having only just had Lunch in one of the many eating places in the Town, so only went in and through to the Terrace to see what was outside!
The children I saw of various ages seemed to be enjoying themselves at different levels.

London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice Afternoon ”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We visited yesterday's world as I had vouchers to get in. I would never have thought of going there otherwise. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very interesting and the kids really enjoyed the quiz. Afterwards we had coffee and a slice of cake (highly recommended) and let the kids burn off some steam in the park.

It's right opposite Battle Abbey, so would definitely pop over again if we were down that way.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Great day out”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The site in Battle has been upgraded and is now a first class place to be entertained and educated. Is great for both the young and the more mature of us. It is well worth the fee to get in.
Please allow at least 2 hours to visit this site but I am sure that you will still be there a long time after that.