“I lost 16.5 pounds”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I had a fantastic week - lots of walking and exercise balanced with massage treatments meant that all my Christmas overindulging has now disappeared. I have been back a week and am still losing weight thanks to the food and exercise advice I received during the week.

Galia is a lovely host and is surrounded by fantastic staff - cook, trainers, dance teachers and nutritionist - and they went out of their way to make our week comfortable and pleasant.

I would highly recommend, and will be returning later in the year for some more motivation on my weight loss journey

Room Tip: Just ask Galia - rooms to suit all pockets
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry911
There are newer reviews for The Slimmeria Retreat

Reviewed 28 December 2011

> Slimmeria is fabulous! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone and have proclaimed it's virtues to anyone I meet who's unhappy with their weight or eating habits or stressed and needs detox or the multitudes of people who comment on my weight loss. It is a brilliant place to stay and is run by Galia who has a genuine passion for what she does rather than just running it as a money-making exercise - she does get involved with the people who visit and delights in seeing the changes...she does take it personally...and she has a great sense of humour too. She is very careful to pick a super team - without exception they are great, from Ala who does the cooking,housekeeping etc to the fitness staff, to the beauty therapists, to the dance teachers and nutritionists etc - all are excellent. The house is beautiful, full of beautiful objects and furniture, mostly antiques - a stunning environment and immaculately clean.
> Her results are amazing! The results speak for themselves.
> I went to Slimmeria in May - I was not in a good place in my head and had ballooned to over 17stone - the truth is, I did not think I was ready to tackle it and only attended Slimmeria because I'd seen a special offer advertised and I turned up full of sceptism. In that week I lost 12.5 lbs....and everyone lost similar figures (one chap lost 16 or 18 lbs!!!). Despite the loss I was still a litte sceptical and assumed it would all go on very quickly - but it did not..it stayed off and I kept loosing. The detox side obviously works and helps your body cope after. Obviously you cannot expect to go home, eat exactly the same as before and not put weight on - you do have to make some changes but you do not have to carry on the exact regime either. My head was not 100% sorted when I returned home and so I was eating still making some unwise choices in the food department but the thing is I had made changes and those changes were enough to keep the momentum going.
> Some months later I did return for 4 days - this time I lost a few pounds - I went in order to keep on top of things, a bit of maintenance and also because bizarrely I was developing an obsession with soft sweets and nuts...instead of letting them take hold I went back for a few days and kicked the habits and made some good friends into the bargain.
> The food:..On my first visit everyone was scoffing the lot at the beginning of the week but by the end plates were being left as apetites were satisfied and everyone was appreciating the flavours more too. On my second visit, everyone found the food flavoursome from the word go. The only thing I will say is that a very light broth type soup is served on the first evening which might make you wonder what you've let yourself in for but most people will have eaten in the day and it is served to lighten the digestion and is not served everyday. In fact, personally I found the portions to be more than enough and believe me, I was used to eating tons before going.
There is no need to be worried about the fitness side but it is all guaged at what your ability is and no worrying about looking like a pillock as nobody that goes is a 'gym bunny' - everyone is in the same boat.
> So, Slimmeria was my kick start - I've now lost 6 stone and my life is getting back on track. Slimmeria is not a flash in the pan but it is up to you to decide what you do with the start it gives you.
> I am so glad I went there. Thankyou Galia!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank dancerkendo
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This was my third slimmeria visit, and I'm sure it won't be my last. The trip itself is fantastic - beautiful house, gorgeous country walks - exercise classes, spa and relaxation time - Galia is lovely and makes you feel so welcome - but the results - the results are unbelievable. I always leave relaxed, glowing, so much lighter, and feeling like I can take over the world. And the best bit? The weight stays off! Galia, you truly are a miracle worker.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 28 November 2011

It was my first visit to the Slimmeria after being recommended by a friend, we were made to feel really welcome and the staff could nt do enough for us. After a week we both lossed around 6 pounds each and felt a million dollors thank you we defiantly will be returning

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Just to say I have been here twice and lost 1st time 7lbs I think and 2nd time not so much, Galia is a very very nice person and accommodating. I watched 4 in a bed and one of those women said she was arrogant.. Arrogant is definitely not her middle name. Far from it. It is a gorgeous place the bedrooms are also very nice.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank susan s
Reviewed 23 November 2011

At last I have got around to writing my review of my second brilliant stay at Slimmeria. Another 8lbs lost. You can do no better than visit, where you will be treated so well, and stay in lovely surroundings. Everything is tailored for your well being and you will leave there totally motivated and feeling great. Galia has found a brilliant way to help people get that kick start to loosing weight and for those who just want time out for a detox. Whatever your needs Galia will help you. Someone said in their review 'good bye to Champneys' she had replaced it with Slimmeria. I started my journey back in June and have not put the weight back on which is a first for me.
Don't hesitate, you can do no better, book now you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank anne1911
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Hye House is a really beautiful and cosy retreat space. The practitioners are excellent and the quality of care and service is really good. I lost 7.5 lbs in the week, although when i weighed myself two days later, 3 of those lbs were already back! Of course, it is fairly unrealistic to expect to maintain a loss that happens so quickly, but what has been really valuable is the renewed commitment to my body and health that I achieved as a result of my time at Slimmeria. Would I come again? Probably not for the whole week as I got quite lightheaded on the veg only plan, but I would come for a weekend to recharge and refresh. Lovely walks and some really fun exercise, plus plenty of time to reflect, enjoy treatments and take care of myself. I think you would get a HUGE amount out of this is you were very out of shape or had a terrible diet - as someone who takes very regular exercise and pays attention to their diet, I probably learned less than other people, but my benefits were meaningful to me, so that's great!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Erica S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 2 in Sedlescombe
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!