“slimmeria visit March 23rd 2014”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
england
“slimmeria visit March 23rd 2014”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

well another successful visit at the slimmeria retreat. Me and my friend signed up for a week, i had been there 2 years ago and lost 16.5 lbs in 7days this stayed off for nearly a year plus a extra 22lb. Unfortunately lifestyle changes and injuries resulted in piling the weight back on. On my return the retreat only seemed to have evolved with more staff, although the amazing Olah and Galia were still ever present.
The walks were hard and i suffered the 2nd and 3rd day while detoxing badly, being a serious caffeine drinker i didnt cut down before starting so it was my own fault. however it was a fantastic supportive group and they helped me through. The walks are hard but achievable for all, the food is small but excellently presented and Olah works extremely hard to make all the meals different and as tasty as possible with the small amount of calories we are allowed.
To help you relax in the afternoons there are spar treatments available and i had some of the best treatments ever!!! and i have had alot, I had a girl called Natashia and recommend her strongly she was fantastic.
Now the bit you really want to see i had to leave a day early on day 6 so although i had targeted 14lb weight loss did think this might not have been achieved, i needed have worried as i lost a whooping 17.5lb!!! i didnt think it was even possible and had to double check! everyone who weighed in had good results and its amazing to see the difference in people after 1 week.
What i will say to people is that this is a fantastic place to come to detox and have larger than average weight losses, but if you want to see double figures off the scales then be realistic to how much you will be eating and training, big numbers dont get achieved with a 3 course meal, but if you listen to Galia just eat the food and do as much exercise as possible you will see great results.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank kerrisEngland
slimmeria, Guest Relations Manager at The Slimmeria Retreat, responded to this review, 18 June 2015
Dear Friend, you were absolutely brilliant, even powering through the detox at it's worst. But your latest set of results speak for themselves demonstrating your effort. As you know we do encourage all our guests to detox the week beforehand,it is so benefiacial once here, however, we do understand that sometimes, life just gets in the way! Thank you for appreciating our team, we shall certainly pass on your kind comments.Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had been thinking about doing a bootcamp which , when I saw this advertised looked just what I needed! I had no one to go with and Slimmeria reassured me it was fine and I would meet people there and they were right! I booked for 7 days, lost 12 pounds and made 3 new friends, could it be any better??

It isn't easy,but Slimmeria & in particular Galia are very motivating and it was a pleasure to have met them.

The accommodation and location were good, and thought is given to the hiking routes so we get to appreciate the area which is beautiful!

In summary, great group of people, great location and the results are simply amazing - I feel different both inside and out!

Thanks Galia, you are an inspiration.

Emma

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Emma_review1974
Dear Friend, thank you for your kind comments. We agree, it's not all plain sailing, but, as you say, the results are worth it. We do our best to keep everyone motivated, and see that most of the time, one's peers here do that naturally, as much or as little as you wish. It is lovely to hear all the chatter and laughter , whilst all the hard work is still going on; drivingg you all to your wanted end results, a great combnation.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The whole experience started off perfectly. As promised the car was waiting for us when we arrived. Having read every single review written here, I was apprehensive, yet excited! I honestly thought that most of the reviews had grossly exaggerated their weight loss. In my mind, if you could lose 5,10 pounds or more in a week, then it must be just as easy to gain it back, IN A WEEK. That is why I have waited to write my review. A doubting Nelly, you might say. Surprise, surprise, it is now March 12, 2014 and not only have I NOT gained back the 6 lbs. I lost on the retreat, but have lost an additional 5 lbs. I am thrilled.

What an incredible experience. Who knew you could not only survive but thrive on 500 calories a day? Along with 3 hour walks, 1 hour aerobics, 1 hour of yoga, each day, plus some extra exercise in the afternoons, plus, dance-r-size or belly dancing or nutritional classes or motivational talks, each evening. Snug in our beds by 9 and often asleep by 9:30pm.

The spa treatments were fun and felt pretty good, not sure I would do that honey massage again, but it was an experience hehehe. I must say, with all the aches and pains I had, the massages really did help to work out the knotted muscles.

Without a doubt, the people on our retreat probably contributed as much to the overall success and fun of the experience as the great staff, accommodation and nicely presented food. Everybody was really supportive of each other.

The weather could not have been worse. Actually, I am quite wrong about that, having watched the continued horrific weather that poured down on poor old Great Britain for many weeks after our stay. Due to Gala and Jemma's planning for all contingencies, they still managed to torture us with long 3 hour and often WINDY, hilly walks, along the waterfront.

Due to the wonderful variety of activities that the trainers exposed us to, I discovered many sports that I would love to take up. Yoga is definitely something I will always follow from now on.

The 3rd. day was definitely the hardest for me. Those magic raisins are the bomb, again, who knew such a tiny, wrinkled fruit could lift you up from the very deepest of despair. Thanks to those little darlings, most of us were able to carry on with the heavy exercise regime. I think I should mention, that the reports about feeling actually energized from the 4th. day on, are absolutely correct. I felt amazingly fit and never more alive in my life.

When Sunday rolled around, I was more then ready to leave but I can honestly say, I have never experience anything like it. I wasn't sure I would want to return and do it again, but now, I know I definitely would. Only not in the winter, hehehe.

In fact, we have a friend who is very interested and I would not be surprised if my friend and I accompanied her, later this summer or early in the fall. The camaraderie alone, is enough of a reason to return,but to find a place that actually produces the RESULTS it claims, is truly an amazing find.

Thank you, everybody. I highly recommend Slimmeria, in fact, I have already told many of my friends and acquaintance. Does this mean I get a 10 or 20% discount on my next trip? :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sheila645
Dear Friend, well of course, we know that you have kindly returned to us since writing this, and believe that you all left as friends still! We love the fact that many of guests travel quite some distances to stay with us, and we do greatly appreciate it, thank you.
We don't let a little drizzle and light breeze change our plans ! we're very adaptable, determined to enable you to attain your goals. I shall pass on your kind and humoroous comments to all our team. Hopefully , we shall see you many times more, you are just such a great motivator for the whole group. Take care.
Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had a brilliant week at Slimmeria and was delighted with the inches and lbs that I lost. After putting on a lot of weight following a car accident, inactivity and recovery from surgery I really needed a reset button to get me started on my journey back to fitness.
After reading the reviews I was a bit nervous about the level of exercise with my back injury, but I had no need to worry. I may have been the slowest walker in the group, but Galia and Gemma were very supportive and encouraging and most importantly I kept going! I was able to manage the hours of exercise each day at a pace that I was comfortable with and was encouraged to push myself past what I would ever have thought possible!
I really enjoyed the yoga and the dance classes also and it was a great opportunity to try new things to keep active.
Our group was small but very supportive and the spa treatments were brilliant for relaxing in the afternoon, and I particularly enjoyed the coconut massage with Ann and the facials. The experience definitely works best if you just submit and go with the flow and trust that the food and exercise will do their job.
The week I was there was chock full of storms and rain, but Galia and Gemma were great at keeping us going by taking different routes. Waterproof trousers and waterproof boots were a must!
I had been so worried about the exercise that I hadn't even focussed on the lack of food, but actually it was amazing how creative they are with veg and fruit.. and the 'afternoon tea' with fruit and fruit teas was a highlight!
It has been a great reset for me to get back into exercise and has given me lots more confidence in my fitness abilities. I enjoyed it so much I'm going back in the next few months.
I would definitely recommend Slimmeria for a great detox from your life!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Claire K
Dear Friend, isn't it wonderful when we're pleasantly surprised at what we can actually achieve?We never expect guests to go beyond their limitations, but do encourage them to go upto them and to judge for themselves, hence, whether one is at the back of the group or powering ahead, if that 's your limit, then you can ask no more of yourself. It is hard to get back to execise after injury, so you did brilliantly, thank you for the lovely review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just returned from a week at Slimmeria with my daughter .We had a fabulous week of exercise , treatments and bonding . I did have a couple of difficult times doubting that I could finish the week as felt hungry but told myself it was only a week or in Galia's words 'what doesn't kill you makes you slimmer!"We had fantastic results - I lost 10 pounds and my daughter lost an amazing 15 pounds!
My usual weightloss at home is around a pound a week so I have saved myself 10 weeks of dieting .Book now - I promise you won't regret it .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mayoreilly
Dear Friend, what a lovely time you and your daughter had together, and then the bonus of such amazing weight loss results as well!, really well done. Thank you for appreciating our formula and quite clearly you both working as hard as you did. Keep up the good work.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After the excesses of Christmas I needed a kick start to get me back on track so I set off for a week at Slimmeria.
I was a bit apprehensive about how I would cope with the exercise schedule but amazingly I managed to do a two hour walk every morning followed by 1 hour fitness class and 1 hour yoga and still feel up to doing a further 1 hour walk in the afternoon and a dance class in the evening. I put this down to the inspirational Galia and her team and the wonderful encouragement and camaraderie of the fabulous group of people I was with.
The spa treatments in the afternoons were a great reward for the effort and hard work of the mornings.
Although (calorie wise) we were not eating much food, the quantity and presentation was excellent - I never felt hungry. Afternoon tea (not cakes) of a small quantity of delicious fruits was something to look forward to each day with some hilarious reactions from the group.
I would highly recommend this detox break to anyone who needs a kickstart into healthy eating. I left feeling wonderfully refreshed in both mind and body.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mavbe
Dear Friend, thank you so much for appreciating our team. We know the formula can be challenging and love to see the natural support that comes not just from us, but, from within the group. Whether one is travelling alone of with friends, the bondng of the group is always a delight to witness.Thank you for taking the time to post this kind review.
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful surroundings! Great people! I had severe misgivings about embarking on what I considered to be an upmarket 'Boot Camp' but must say that the loss of weight and consequent 'good' feeling about myself made the whole experience worthwhile. At first I gazed upon the raw vegetables on my plate with something of a feeling of despair but, then, having gradually felt the advantages of the exercise and diet I felt more confident about myself and what I had achieved. Be brave and try it! I doubt you'll regret the experience!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GortonGirl
Dear Friend, what a fabulous attitude,initially daunted by our food plan, but you made yourself just get on with it. As you know our food is freshly prepared just before each meal, full of anti oxidants and so beneficial alongside our exercise routines. It's so very important to do what you did and keep your eye on the end goal. Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Country House Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings
Crowhurst Park
Crowhurst Park
#3 of 8 in Battle

Been to The Slimmeria Retreat? Share your experiences!