“Still reaping the benefits....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
The Slimmeria Retreat
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It's 6 weeks since I left the 'Mr Ben changing room' that is Slimmeria. For those too young or new to these shores, Mr Ben would begin his animated TV show by trying on a costume in a shop changing room & emerging from it into another world where he would begin a new adventure.

I liken this to my latest trip to Slimmeria as after loosing 18.5 lbs this visit (16.5 lbs in October 2013) I feel my world has changed, all for the better. My jeans have changed too, to those favourites I hadn't worn for 6 years & I seriously don't think I would ever have got into them again without Galia & the hugely dedicated [to my cause] team.

I felt significantly different after just 2 days, largely from the cleansing which comes with the simple yet tasty vegan food, lots more sleep than I usually allow myself & the great commorardarie that comes from the other guests, driven by the great motivational talks from Galia each morning & the other experts that show nothing but patience & support throughout.

The formula is tough, no doubt, but it definitely works for me & did so for all the happy faces I saw on weigh-out, Day 7.

Treat yourself, take 7 days & change whatever it is you want to focus on. The beauty treatments are excellent too.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyMarmalade2412
slimmeria, Guest Relations Manager at The Slimmeria Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2015

Dear Friend,
Sadly, I am old enoughto remember the exploits of" Mr.Benn", what a fun analogy!
Our programme and your determination are obviously a great combination. You worked hard and this showed how the programme can aid people on their journey of self improvement. Really well done, and how fabulously rewarding to see your old friends...your favourite clothes!
We find that encouraging our guests to support one another as a team is a great tool for motivation. It certainly helps the whole group to get through one another's more challenging moments on their journey to their "Happy faces" on their final weight check day.
Thank you for appreciating our facilities and programme.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My stay here at the slimeria retreat was very relaxing and spiritually cleansing as the manor house is situated on lush gardens and the atomosphere is very calming.
The morning walks are amazing and really do clear your head. All the fitness program's are well thought out and cater for all.
Galia and her team are all lovely and work very hard. After day four you really do start to feel like a new person and really start breaking down barriers and you begin to realise how deeply cleansed you feel inside and out. In the month I have been back I have kept up with the fitness and choose healthy foods and beverages and I've never been so physically fit in my life! And that is all down to slimeria giving me the kick start I needed. My partner even stayed a week after me and has given up smoking for the first time in 14 years! It's such a great place and each to there own and all but you can't knock it, slimeria does deliver and you will for sure leave slimmer happier and healthier.
:))

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank MSLAzimi

Dear Friend,
As you found, spirituality and inner calmness are integral to our programme here, at Slimmeria. we encourage all our guests to step away as much as possible from today's" must have" electronic devices, during their stay .We want our guests to concentrate on themselves, their well - being and attaining their goals.
Thank you for appreciating our beautiful surroundings , we are so pleased that we could share them with you. It was delightful to read how much you enjoyed them.
How wonderful to read of the many benefits you felt whilst staying with us.It was fabulous that not only was your partener encouraged to join us, but also that a 14year habit of smoking was given up...no small feat!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Amazing experience!! Galia and her team are really there to support and guide you. You have a chance to meet fantastic people.
Even though you don't eat a lot (almost nothing actually), I haven't feel hungry.
I have lost almost 4 kg over a weekend and had really good fun.

The house and the environment are beautiful and i felt like if I was at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank lol815

Dear Friend,
Thank you for such a lovely post. It iscertainly afood plan designed to try to ensure that you don't feel hungry, whilst detoxing, losing weight and improving one's fitness.The group are amazing at supporting one another, whether people are travelling alone or with someone. Such an important tool for staying on course and attaining one's goals.
Your results of over half a stone in a WEEK END are testament to how well you embraced the programme and worked hard. Well done!
The grounds and house are something that we are very proud of and so pleased that we can share them, and that you enjoyed them. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

If you think you are booking into a 5 star hotel where you are pampered and indulged, fed gourmet meals yet expect to lose 1 stone without any effort, then you are seriously deluded. I went for a week to lose a few pounds and was delighted to lose nearly 9 lbs. I really enjoyed the weekly programme. After waking at 7.15am and a hot drink, we set off each morning at 8am for a 2 hour walk which was really enjoyable. We were joined by either Galia or Jemma. The walks changed daily - woodland, countryside or beach walks. I was very lucky to enjoy lovely weather which made a big difference. Returning to the Slimmeria at 10am feeling exhilarated, exercised and refreshed was a great start to the day.

After a light breakfast, there were 2 x 45 minute exercise classes run back to back. You were encouraged to try at least one class; some people opted to work out in both; some people opted out altogether. The classes were run by Lisa or Phil and they are both excellent trainers. Classes were eg legs, bums & tums; boxercise; or circuits. Lisa & Phil really encouraged everyone to work as hard as they could and more importantly they were particularly concerned that everyone should know how to do the exercises properly to ensure you got the most out of any type of exercise and avoid doing exercises incorrectly. At 12 each day there was an hour of yoga which was fabulous. An hour of stretching and relaxing meant that I never had any aches or pains during the course of the week. Even if you are not a fan of yoga, I highly recommend that you give it a go.

After a light lunch, you could either have treatments (worth booking what you want in advance of your stay as the therapists were very busy the week I stayed). I had 2 massages with Ann who was excellent. Others raved about Loretta. Before, after or instead of treatments you could go for another walk, or use the gym. There are lots of walks directly from the house into the countryside. Others just caught up on reading or relaxing in the garden.

Fruit was served at 3-4 pm which was a nice treat.

After a light dinner (daily calorie intake was about 400 calories yet surprisingly I never once felt hungry during the day) there was one other "activity" - either belly dancing (which was a great laugh), stage routines (which again was just good fun) or zumba. Two nights there were talks by a natural nutritionist. She was interesting but it would have been good if she had provided us with some recipes rather than just explain what she makes at home (especially some of the chocolate recipes which sounded delicious).

I was lucky that there was a really nice bunch of people staying. Mixed ages, with differing reasons for being there.

I genuinely enjoyed the week. I could never have managed to lose the amount of weight I did at home on my own. I was also very pleased that I felt so much fitter and more toned by the end of the week. It is not just about the diet but the exercise too. Since coming home I have not only managed to keep off the weight but I have lost another 3 lbs and kept up a healthy exercise regime.

I highly recommend this place if you need a kick start to weight loss or just want a detox. Try to be realistic, however, before you go. This is not a "holiday" . If you are hoping for good results you will have to push yourself or allow yourself to be pushed by Galia and her excellent team.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank dee090

Dear Friend,
How wonderful to read that our programme gave you the tools to take away so that you felt equipped to to keep up the good work of exercise and sticking to a healthy eating plan.
Our fresh, nutritional food plan is designed so that not only do you lose weight , but that you feel energised and ready to embrace our daily, varied exercise routine. Our team work constantly to try to keep the days interesting and challenging. Thank you for appreciating them , I shall certainly pass on your kind comments, thank you.
I have to agree, the Garden Suite is just beautiful, thank you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I spent a week with Galia and her team and lost the weight and the inches, but most important of all, my arthritic toes and sore feet improved dramatically from the detox. My system now feels clean and much much healthier.
Galia and her team are amazing and kept me motivated 24/7. Very professional.
The walks were fun and included spectacular views of the sea as well as wonderful countryside. We even went forest foraging for wild garlic. :-)
The group of people I was with were great company and made the challenge more fun. Many will remain good friends. There was much laughter and everybody was motivated into adopting healthy habits and reaching their goal of improved health and wellbeing.
I enjoyed the food and appreciate all the effort that went into the preparation and presentation. The spa treatments were first class and of course the grounds and the house are inspiring.
All the other classes were fun, (Boxersise, Dancersise, Aerobics... Circuit ..) are varied and help shed those extra kilos.
I had a beautiful room with a bathroom and a lovely view of the garden which was full of little baby rabbits. Strolling around the vineyard in the moonlight before going to bed was a wonderful way to wind down and ensure a great nights rest.
If losing weight and feeling fitter and healthier is your goal, then there is nobody nicer than Galia to help you do it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
slimmeria, Guest Relations Manager at The Slimmeria Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Dear Friend, thank you so much for appreciating our lovely surroundings and our facilities. we do encourage our groups here to work as a team, encourage one another when maybe a little tiredness kicks in and just have a good laugh that helps to keep everyone motivated and upbeat. our team do try to encourage everyone to stay motivated and to keep on track. We really do want everyone to succeed for their own satisfaction.WeI feel that that sets us apart from many other retreats , we interact with everyone and treat one and all as individuals, whilst encouraging team work.Thank you for the time taken in posting this kind review.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Started at 11.13lb ended 11.02lb and 8weeks later stayed the same. The week was great and would do it again. The girls I met were super and we had a good laugh all week, even when we where feeling down and tired. The food was quite nice but I was never keen on the evening meals even though they went out of there way to cater for my needs. Anyone thinking about loosing weight do it, what's a week.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Friend,
Absolutely...just "Do it", wise words! We're so pleased to read how it worked for you and that even though some of the meals weren't to your taste, you appreciated our team's efforts in trying to accommodate yourself.As you know, all of our meals are freshly cooked just before serving and full of anti-oxidants, to help our detox plan, so we do our best to encourage guests to stick to the food plan, however, if we can still stick to it, but, with a FEW tweeks, we do our best,so, thank you.It's great that the programme worked for you .We hope you have been able to keep up your good work, take care.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I came to Slimmeria for two weeks and I have lost 2 stone and 5 Pounds. Really pleased. Best place to lose weight and detox. All the staff are amazing and really helpful. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank azimi1987

Dear Friend, you know you've become close to our hearts since you've been coming here.Take care and good luck with moving forward, you work hard and deserve it.