“Great b&b”
Review of Tollgate Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battle
Tollgate Farmhouse
Ranked #2 of 9 Battle B&B and Inns
“Great b&b”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay, would recomend to everyone. Very friendly and dow. To earth. All rooms are very well equipped and warm.
Breackfast is amazing and cook to perfection. Makes the trip that much better, espically with off road parking. Cant wait till next years vist!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have been coming here every year around Bonfire Night for the past 3 years! Martin and Christine are the most welcoming, kind, warm and the best hosts anyone could ask for! All rooms are extremely well equipped with anything you need comparing to when I have stayed at big hotels across the world! Off road and safe parking is a huge bonus too! Since staying here for the past 3 years, I have stayed in most of the rooms and they are all exceptional! Breakfast in one word: delicious! After having a good drink in Battle, Christine's breakfast always hits the spot! Excellent produce and the best breakfast I have ever had! And I have to say that they have a dog, Bert, don't worry! He's a big softie and lovely to play with! See you next year! Brandon and Charlotte

Room Tip: No need for any tips, all rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
North London
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Martin & Christine have made a wonderfully welcoming place to stay. Our room (#6) was cleaner & better equipped with thoughtfully placed items than our own house!
They provided a lovely 3 course meal complete with very nice wines for the 8 of us one night - despite having a special lunch to cater for & breakfast of course, the next day. On the subject of breakfast - one of the widest choices I have ever come across in many years of short breaks in B&B's, very tasty & a great start to our walks.
Thank you both for a great break, smiling through a very windy couple of days. N.B. The poor sleep mark is purely because it was so incredibly windy and even cotton wool in the ears couldn't drown it out. Exceptional circumstances! We would love to visit in the summer.

Room Tip: 5 & 6 are wonderful, but the 'Suite' is even better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 26 October 2013

5 of us completed the battle of Hastings walk and this B&B was booked as it was roughly halfway. Christine and Martin were perfect hosts and went well above what you'd normally expect. They were very welcoming and had the plasters ready for the blisters. They kindly made us up some packed lunches to keep us going the following day and even allowed us to leave our bags there to be collected in the evening. The rooms were comfortable and super clean. I'd definitely recommend Tollgate Farm House to anyone wanting to stay in Battle

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just back from a night at Tollgate Farm House got a lovely welcome from Christine and Martin when we arrived. Stayed in room 5 which was spotlessly clean and one of the most well equipped rooms we have ever stayed in it would put some of the bigger hotels to shame also room for off-road parking which is always a bonus. There was absolutely everything you could need for your stay from toiletries, tea and coffee, biscuits, fridge, and yes ladies I do mean everything!!!.
The cooked items for breakfast were chosen the day before but what a choice this really is the full english breakfast and more plus the usual cereal, fruit juice, yoghurt, and fresh fruit .It was great sat in the light airy conservatory on a sunny morning overlooking the garden.
I would definitely recommend this B&B to friends and family without hesitation with the knowledge that they won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Tollgate Farmhouse for 3 nights in August 2013. There was a warm welcome from our hosts, Christine and Martin and we were shown to our Family Twin room which was clean, very comfortable and packed with all that we could possibly need during our stay. Without doubt the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Ideal for touring Sussex and Kent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I do a lot of events with English Heritage and I never have any say in where my agent books my accommodation when I'm away. So I never know what to expect...some places have been shocking and very outdated B&B's. I pulled into the driveway of Tollgate Farmhouse and it looked small but very pretty. Christine and Martin were outside and greeted me like I was an old family friend. They helped me with my suitcase and asked if I wanted a cup of tea before seeing my room. My room for the first night was HUGE! I had everything I needed...and more! The place is like a tardis. I hadn't eaten all day and Martin drove me to the local chippy and showed me around the village of Battle. I worked on my event there for a day and then on to another for two days, ready to come back to Battle for a week. Christine and Martin looked after my things and even picked me up from the train station on my return. The next week I stayed in the little family house outside. It was my own little sanctuary, it was beautiful. At breakfast you have so much to choose from and they will tend to everyone's needs. The food is amazing. They give anyone access to their heated swimming pool and will bend over backwards to give you what ever you need. It feels like you're staying with the family or very close friends, you can have a laugh with them even sit out in the garden with a bottle of wine :) PLUS they have a very very cute dog called Bertie! I LOVED IT HERE AND CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK! xx

Room Tip: Rooms in the house are very quiet and have a nice view of their big garden...perfect for sunny weath...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
Claverton Country House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
Leeford Place Hotel
Leeford Place Hotel
#3 of 5 in Battle

Been to Tollgate Farmhouse? Share your experiences!