“What a lovely find!”

PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Battle
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here on an amazing Travel Zoo deal but will certainly be back. Even in a standard room we found it spacious and beautifully clean and decorated. My only complaint was that the room was very cold as the window had been left open and both radiators turned off. It is a beautiful setting and they have thought of everything: board games, wellies etc etc. Our deal included a glass of Prosecco and a 3 course meal. On booking I had notified the hotel of my gluten free requirements (as a medically diagnosed Coeliac this is a Must for me) and the hotel had beautiful gluten free bread waiting for me. My crab starter and main course of risotto were exemplary as was the other main course of cod. Its a lovely dining room; a cross between somewhere in Provence and somewhere in Rhodes. At breakfast gluten free toast arrived without even asking and they have some of the nicest yoghurts I have ever tasted (French and none of this low fat rubbish....). Am looking forward to returning in the summer when hopefully the outside pool will be in use and not just for the local duck population!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This was my first visit to Powder Mills which was recommend by a friend and it was excellent could not fault it. The hotel has a lovely ambiance , the grounds are lovely , the food was top quality and the choice at breakfast was amazing.Cant wait to plan my return . I fully recommend it.

Room Tip: could not fault the room we had which was no 16.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is our third visit and definitely not our last. Rooms are lovely. Hotel interior is elegant and comfortable and looks like it has recently been spruced up. The food is top quality and the choice at breakfast is amazing. I have not seen such a varied choice of cooked dishes in a 3 star hotel. I also feel the star rating should be higher. Every visit leaves me wanting to come again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel - we had dinner and stayed overnight. As before, the meal was very good and the service exemplary. This hotel has a lovely country atmosphere with comfortable leather armchairs in the lounge area. If I had to be critical then I would say the dining room could do with a revamp, particularly the removal of the huge centrepiece, but the food and service makes up for that! What is particularly nice is how proud all the staff seem to be of the hotel.

1  Thank ChestnutCoppice
Reviewed 7 March 2014

took a short stay here from a Travelzoo offer.
Lovely country house hotel,rooms well appointed,with comfortable beds; we had one of the rooms in the adjoining annexe,very good.The hotel lounges are very comfortable with lovely log fires.Reception staff were very helpful and the restaurant is very well appointed.The choice of food was wide and varied,with some very adventurous dishes. Very good wine list.
Breakfast very good I had the haddock with two poached eggs :excellent!
They also do a very good cream tea in the afternoon.
The hotel grounds are very impressive,lawns,lakes and woods.Plus the hotel is dog friendly(made me wish i had a dog.
Just the place for a country getaway.I cannot praise it enough. .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyAlicante
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife & I simply love The PowderMills Country House Hotel & really enjoyed a Valentine's Special Room Rate, including Dinner & Breakfast.
Everything was friendly & faultless which is rare indeed these days - well done to all the staff & of course the really caring owner, Julie Cowpland.
We can't wait to visit again very soon !

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Hastily organised and desperate for somewhere to stay that wasn't awful and over priced. We were lucky to find a special last minute deal for 50% off at the stunning Powdermills Hotel but we were blessed to be bumped up to a bridal suite at no extra cost! Liz on reception was a gem and made our stay really special and one that we won't forget. The breakfast was included and lovely. My only regret? That we'd had more time to truly appreciate and enjoy the experience. Lovely hotel.

2  Thank Samantha K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
Claverton Country House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bexhill-on-Sea
George Hotel
George Hotel
#5 of 5 in Battle

Been to PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!