“Lovely hotel and the best shower in all of England!”

Leeford Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Battle
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Leeford Place is a great place to stay. Set back like a country manor, you can get the sense that you're quite off the beaten track, yet you're only minutes away from the historic sites of Battle and the seaside pleasures of Hastings. It's a great base for touring the area. The rooms are comfortable, each one is different, and all are tastefully decorated. The lounge and the lawns are excellent for relaxing with a drink, there's a small pond and stream, and the hotel is dog friendly which is excellent. The full English breakfast, served in the conservatory, was delicious. Everyone is friendly and helpful. There's also the option for spa treatments, and while I didn't have the time to indulge it would be an excellent option for adding another relaxing element to your stay. And the hotel seems an excellent venue for meetings and weddings, though I have no direct experience with this. I would book it if I had such an occasion. In any event, I will be back, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Room 4 overlooks the lawn which is nice, and seriously, the shower in this room is the best I have h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 July 2013

So many words to describe this Hotel, Amazing being one of them, the team at Leeford place are so accommodating especially when they had to deal with my thousands of calls leading up to my 21st but nothing was too much trouble for them, Steve and Lisa (The owners) are lovely people and treat you like family when you walk in! I started my day off with Bella Therapy which is run by Lisa and it is absolutely Beautiful inside, I was with my sisters and my mum where we were greeted with a glass of Bubbly and yummy Nibbles we all had a great time getting pampered I would recommend getting the Hot Stone Massage (AMAZING) then up to my room to get ready, all my guests loved the rooms they were all so clean and beds are comfortable, I was in the bridal suite and took full advantage of the Jacuzzi bath! The Function room was amazing thanks to Karen Austin who decorated the room to such a high standard, my guests were commenting on how lovely it was all night and she is a pleasure to work with, within 5 minutes she had worked out my personality and what I liked and she got it so right! The whole evening was magical and I couldn't have imagined my 21st going any better, it will definitely be one to remember for me and my guests, in fact my family were so impressed they are planning to have future parties there too!! The grounds are so beautiful that no one wanted to leave in the morning so me and family ( All 34) stayed to have drinks outside on the deck, Just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone at Leeford Place and I will be coming to see you again very soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We held our daughter and son in law's reception there in June and last year our son and daughter in law's. The staff where fantastic, extremely helpful, beautiful views and excellent food. Recommended to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at Leeford place when someone very special to us got married there. I have to say I was impressed all round. Helpful friendly staff, lovely setting, excellent food nice rooms. Only down side can add is that some of the public places look a bit tired and in need of some TLC.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Held two days workshop in Function Room for around thirty people. Very helpful staff, great food, comfy beds and freshly cooked breakfast. Ate lunch on terrace in sun. Plenty of convenient parking. Recommend as a venue.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have done business with Leeford over many years now, they are and easy to work with and flexible and have never let me down. Food is good and the setting is lovely with the garden well kept and being close to Battle allows this to be an excellent and easy place to view this historic town. Our room was clean

Reviewed 24 June 2013

It's always a bit worrying organising a celebration party, dad's 95 was particularly important.
The organisation was taken out of my hands, no request was too difficult or complicated and the whole thing went superbly. The food was excellent with all meals served at the same time with finesse. Everybody enjoyed the whole thing. It was a complete success, thanks to Steve and his staff. A huge thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
George Hotel
#5 of 5 in Battle
10 mi away
The Mermaid Inn

Been to Leeford Place Hotel? Share your experiences!