“Perfect location”
Review of George Hotel

George Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Battle
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I can't begin to say what a wonderful time we had at the George. As my husband and I got married at Battle Abbey School, the hotel was a perfect location for us and our guests. Not only was it a perfect location but the rooms and the service were absolutely excellent. Highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maria P

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Really nice location in the middle of the High Street and has its own parking. Friendly and helpful staff.The bedroom was clean , modern and pleasant.The bathroom was great. Good bedding and the room was lovely and warm.The breakfast was excellent ! We stayed in room 15.

2  Thank Marcin P
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I paid only £35 a night for a single room but was given a very nice double. Room nicely decorated with everything you could need and very comfortable bed. Battle is a lovely small town and very convenient for sightseeing. Only downside is lack of parking at the hotel but I found on-street parking nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank MarciaBrown
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My partner and I stayed at the George in Battle for two nights in February.
We had a newly decorated room 11 with a four poster queen sized bed, The room was immaculate,spacious with a new 32 inch tv on the wall and a very comfortable bed. Although the hotel doesn't have a bar or lounge it is right in the middle of the high street and has it's own parking.
Overall very pleasant trip.

1  Thank singh k
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed in Room 1, the Superior En-Suite with Jacuzzi Spa Bath, and considering we paid £80 for it, I was really happy with it. I was searching for a room under £100 with a spa bath in Kent or Sussex for a Valentine’s gift, and this room seemed to fit the bill. I was a bit put off by some other reviews I had read and the look of some of the more basic rooms at the hotel, but the quality of our room was fantastic for the price. The bed was huge and very comfy with memory foam pillows, and the room generally looked very decadent. The bath was huge too, we both fit in very easily and the bubbles were great fun. We spent about 2 hours in there! It would have been nice if the hotel had a bar or room service, but Battle had plenty of pubs and places to eat, so it wasn’t an issue for us. My only complaint would be that being on top of a restaurant, the music was fairly loud from 6pm till around midnight. Battle itself can be done in a few hours, but if we ever wanted to go near there again, I would certainly re-book here!

2  Thank cutegirl1989
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in january and i have to say i was very impressed. The room had recently been refurbished to a good standard with a brand new en suite and was clean,spacious and warm. Breakfast was served by a jovial member of staff and was also excellent.Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gurpreet s
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Having read some of the reviews on here AFTER booking I was a tad anxious when I checked in yesterday. the first surprise was a large private car park for 12 cars...once inside yes you do have to call someone to reception but it really isnt hard to pick up the phone in front of you by the very clear and polite notice asking you to dial 325...Tom checked me in and carried my bags and gave me all the relevant info I needed. My room (with four poster) was exceptional both in terms of comfort and cleanliness. The bed was really comfy and I slept like a log. Breakfast was served efficiently and with a huge selection inc vegetarian options. Before I checked out I was given a tour of all the rooms refurbished so far including the best one complete with massive four poster and a jacuzzi -room number 11 for reference!

I travel the country on business and will definately return to the George when Im next in the area and im also thinking of planning a social weekend visit with my husband to maybe try out that jacuzzi-thank you Tom for great hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank paulineWNorfolkUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle
Lansdowne
PowderMills Hotel & Restaurant
Travelodge Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
#6 of 11 in Hastings

Been to George Hotel? Share your experiences!