“Residential Golf School providing a holistic approach to sustainably improving my golf”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Very well run, very helpful staff, very thoughtfully arranged site with a small comfortable hotel residence close to all facilities. Nice bathrooms but no showers. All the food of a very high standard from the small menu. The golf professional teaching was excellent - it worked very well with four in our group and 12 hours tuition over 3 days. Even though we were of different standards, the teaching felt very personal. Covered all aspects of golf appropriate for our Intermediate level, The par 3 course was just right for me in that it was stretching ++. Other students enjoyed the 18 hole course (it was a muddy February!). One highlight was the use of the video analysis of our swings - this was very helpful and the videos are emailed to us in real time. I went away with improvement in my golf that I had nearly given up on, and a very good programme for practicing and playing in the months ahead!

All reviews
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I looked at all the options for a three day golf trip / school and opted for the James Andrew Golf School. From the moment we left home to the moment we arived back i can honestly say every thing was perfect. from the welcome to the goodbye it was great. no need to go overseas and waist money on Airfares and parking etc, just a short drive and you were there. the hotel is every thing and more of what you would expect, the food was spot on ! and a special shout to Paul our coach for the three days, every thing explained so even i could fully understand and that takes a lot some times.

what a great time we had and what's more the golf improved as well BONUS !

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This 2 beginners day course was excellent. Paul Nessling our (only 3 of us) pro was very patient and nothing was too much trouble. He is very personable with a good relaxed approach and an excellent tutor overall. Very good practical sessions covering putting to full swing with good theoretical explanations coupled with video feedback and practice on simulator. Accommodation was good and food excellent. I thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

For me hourly golf lessons just didn't work as I couldn't put in the rounds between lessons so after some research I hit upon the James Andrews school of golf. This is not an afterthought to a traditional club it is a golf school and learners take priority in terms of using the facilities.
The on site accommodation is very high quality with excellent food and nothing is too much trouble. My wife and I don't eat meat so they asked what we wanted fish wise and went to the market to get it. Highly recommended and whilst all the Pro,s are good ask for Tim he is a charming bloke , so patient and all about improving your golf rather than taking the easy route that some pro,s take of re-engineering everything.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This is the 3rd time I've been on a 2 day course here and I can't recommend it highly enough. Its a very long drive from where we live but wouldn't risk going anywhere else. Tim is a brilliant instructor at all levels - he's taught me as a complete beginner and friends at intermediate and advanced levels. The on site accommodation is great, extremely clean, with a bath and an endless supply of hot water to soak away the aches and pains! Likewise the food is lovely, with staff who cater for any dietary requests without a moments hesitation. Will definitely be back. Thanks to all