“Great experience!”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Fantastic experience, from arriving on the Saturday morning to leaving on Sunday. Not only was the school ran with incredible professionalism but the general aura of the place is extremely warm and friendly.

The Pros made understanding the improvements I needed to make very simple, they spent time with each of us in the group and over the weekend my golf improved drastically.

The golfing facilities are very good, although the course in February was as to be expected, wet and soggy, but playable.

Outside the golf I cannot fault the clubhouse, bar, restaurant or hotel. All are top notch and a far higher standard than expected. The food was a massive standout, hearty breakfasts and lunch and dinner that was superb.

All in all a great experience and one I can see myself doing over and over again.

Many thanks to James for helping improve my game vastly!

All reviews
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I have just returned from my 4th residential golf school. I find the whole set up, teaching and set up to be fantastic and more beneficial (for me) than booking individual lessons. James was our instructor this time and he is very clear, patient and his instructional method was top class and is a really nice chap.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

My wife and I made our third visit to James Andrews School of golf in late February 2016. Weather was typically English spring, which for a Norwegian is "mixed", but we enjoyed ourselves very much. A short spell in Spain in January told me there was much to learn before the season, and even if there are still "dark areas" in my knowledge we feel the basics are mastered.The hotel and The Greens restaurant are top-notch as usually, and James is a gem as a teacher.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

First class, intense, tuition for 4 hours each tuition day + half a day playing on quite challenging golf course.
Each participant learnt huge amount which is not possible with the usual half hour teaching sessions.
Our technique and consistency greatly improved and we are now quite clear as to what we have to do to continue to improve.
Accommodation and service levels excellent.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2016

Fantastic venue, great food and first class service. Half price Jan/ Feb deal is unbelievable; would have been a bargain at full price. We did not stay at the school but at a nearby hotel in Battle. First class facilities and a first class coach. Weather had left the course muddy but still playable. We had a great time and hope to make it an annual event. Tim Underhill PGA coach looked after us very well and set up a video library we can log on to see our before and after swings etc.

It was not a miracle cure for all my golfing woes (which are many) but it's the start to becoming a better golfer. 12 hours of coaching, video analysis, as many range balls as you could use and green fees covered for the whole time you're there for less than £150. Compare that price with your own course.