“Ticked all the boxes”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 July 2016

An activity holiday that ticks all the boxes, excellent tuition in small ability based groups, excellent practice facilities and Tom our instructor who did his very excellent best to bring out the best in my golf . I would and have recommended James Allen golf school a number of friends who are keen to improve their golf and especially because the venue and format of teaching assists single ladies to participate. Well done JAGS and keep up the good work ⛳️

2  Thank Chrissie13Somerset
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I came to James Andrews school of golf to improve a few things with my game.
The training was fantastic within a few hours James C, showed me where I was wrong in my swing and set out to correct bit by bit, not only via video and body adjustments the science behind it all became clear!
My 3 days were valuable. Hotel was nice clean and comfortable, however no shower in the bathroom is my only complaint.. The restaurant was good food was good always fresh fish to order each day..
The Staff are outstanding happy helpful and very friendly..
I will be back...

2  Thank Malcolm R
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I booked on the 3 half day beginner course, and stayed in the lovely hotel on site.

Not only did we get (there were 3 of us on the course, maximum 4) excellent tuition from Tom, but we also had the run of the club over these days. I was lent golf shoes and clubs, so did not need to buy any other kit. (we did all buy a glove after day 2, which was useful when doing so much driving practice, and all purchases could be put on the room bill).

This meant we could put into practice what we had learnt, and really make the most of it. So we managed 3 rounds on the 9 hole golf course on our own, and countless putting practices etc.

The intensive nature of this course, its tuition, including video analysis of driving swing, (which was very useful), and the fact that one had time to practise, without the normal other pressures of daily life, made the whole experience so successful, with the result I really only could have dreamed of.

I now feel confident to play with friends who have been playing a long time, and also going to a golf club, and just going round to improve my game.

I would like to thank everyone there for their welcoming and very friendly manner. Tom's calm and patient coaching approach was very effective, and the whole learning process very enjoyable.

His explanation of various rules was clear and we were also given a comprehensive folder of techniques and rules as we finished the last day.

1  Thank MidAgeSKIer
Reviewed 15 June 2016

This was my 5th visit to the school, and was probably the best so far. All my other visits have also been excellent but this time I could see big improvements. The standard of teaching is first class, James Cunliffe our instructor is very clear and patient with an excellent teaching method. The facilities are top notch and the lodge is spacious, always clean and very comfortable. I plan to go back every 3 to 4 months as I find this method work well for me, and no doubt others!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I have just completed a two full days golf school (intermediate) and am very impressed.

Firstly the really important bit the golf. There was a group of four of us and our pro was Tim...from the start he was patient, very instructive , took an interest in each individual and their problems...he very quickly found mine and set about giving me the tools to put it right. After that we covered many other aspects of the game, pitching, bunker work etc.
The proof came for me the following Saturday when I went to play and was very surprised at my high levels of confidence plus how he had seemed to instil muscle memory as I went straight into my 'fixed' swing.
The practice facilities were very good, 3 putting greens, two bunkers and a green to practice chipping and pitching ...
Thinking back over the weekend I find it hard to think of a negative about the golf school.
The place itself was really nice, very clean rooms, helpful staff, lovely bathrooms!! Comfy bed too.
Two of my favourite things are golf and food and the standard of food here was very high, well cooked, full of flavour and well presented. I must admit that they served me the best eggs benedict for breakfast I had ever had!!
If there was any thing I would change or comment on was that the menu was very small, one night there was nothing that really appealed so I resorted to the bar menu which was also limited but had thick slice of ham, two eggs and chunky chips! very tasty
In summary, I went to get my golf improved which was very successfully fulfilled by a good and thorough training regime taken by a friendly and very competent coach in comfortable surroundings with high quality food and friendly helpful staff .
Highly recommended ..