“Great experience. Really worthwhile.”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Lovely setting. Attentive, accommodating staff. Excellent, detailed instruction with helpful video analysis.

1  Thank smdj2016
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Back for 3rd visit over a 12 year period,great patience and instruction shown by teacher Tom,friendly atmosphere by all staff accommodation faultless apart from noisy guests,would recommend to any golfer wishing to improve and enjoy a break at the same time.

1  Thank brian i
Reviewed 2 July 2016

An activity holiday that ticks all the boxes, excellent tuition in small ability based groups, excellent practice facilities and Tom our instructor who did his very excellent best to bring out the best in my golf . I would and have recommended James Allen golf school a number of friends who are keen to improve their golf and especially because the venue and format of teaching assists single ladies to participate. Well done JAGS and keep up the good work ⛳️

2  Thank Chrissie13Somerset
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I came to James Andrews school of golf to improve a few things with my game.
The training was fantastic within a few hours James C, showed me where I was wrong in my swing and set out to correct bit by bit, not only via video and body adjustments the science behind it all became clear!
My 3 days were valuable. Hotel was nice clean and comfortable, however no shower in the bathroom is my only complaint.. The restaurant was good food was good always fresh fish to order each day..
The Staff are outstanding happy helpful and very friendly..
I will be back...

2  Thank Malcolm R
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I booked on the 3 half day beginner course, and stayed in the lovely hotel on site.

Not only did we get (there were 3 of us on the course, maximum 4) excellent tuition from Tom, but we also had the run of the club over these days. I was lent golf shoes and clubs, so did not need to buy any other kit. (we did all buy a glove after day 2, which was useful when doing so much driving practice, and all purchases could be put on the room bill).

This meant we could put into practice what we had learnt, and really make the most of it. So we managed 3 rounds on the 9 hole golf course on our own, and countless putting practices etc.

The intensive nature of this course, its tuition, including video analysis of driving swing, (which was very useful), and the fact that one had time to practise, without the normal other pressures of daily life, made the whole experience so successful, with the result I really only could have dreamed of.

I now feel confident to play with friends who have been playing a long time, and also going to a golf club, and just going round to improve my game.

I would like to thank everyone there for their welcoming and very friendly manner. Tom's calm and patient coaching approach was very effective, and the whole learning process very enjoyable.

His explanation of various rules was clear and we were also given a comprehensive folder of techniques and rules as we finished the last day.

1  Thank MidAgeSKIer