“Great golf school, excellent service”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Attended a 3 day golf school, excellent tuition from Tom. The facilities are second to none and all the staff were fantastic. Also very impressed with the hotel and clubhouse restaurant. Highly recommended.

All reviews
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Why did I go to James Andrews school of Golf....I've played to 18, but a 24 H/C....Going round in circles, practicing the wrong thing over and over again and just being frustrated after and during every game, but knowing I had it in me....So, booked a 3 day course, 8.30 - 1pm then free to play....and boy am I glad I went....Beautiful golf course, lovely surroundings and accommodation, fantastic restaurant, great friendly staff..nothing too much trouble and the 'Pro' golf staff are amazing. Detailed comprehendible tuition including Video analysis etc. There were 4 in my group and we all had a laugh and could literally see the changes in the swing, technique, distance and confidence within the 2nd morning with Tim Underhill, our PGA instructor.
This is a must for any level as a golfer..you can be sure you will walk away 'tweeked', ready to go and happier! :) Am I returning???..Damn right I am!!! ;) See you soon guys!...

Reviewed 25 July 2016

An excellent experience with almost instant results. After 3 days I played the 18 hole course getting two pars one of them on the hardest hole on the course,!
Tuition is unique to each individual tailoring their needs. Would definitely recommend to golfers I know.
Accommodation was superb. The food could have been better, it's the same menu at lunch all the time mayb offer more choice of cereals and croissants and more fresh fruit for breakfast, jacket potatoes and salads for lunch.
All in all a worthwhile experience which I would definitely recommend.
We even came back and won a competition on the Saturday and I saw an improvement in my game.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The course was very good hopefully will "iron" out a few issues. The accommodation was very good possibly would be better if a shower was in the room with the bath. The food was good quality - however it was very much unchanged day to day and I felt the fish that we ordered could have been less filleted and look more like battered cod fillet rather than a fish finger. Although cooked well after a hard day a substantial meal would have been better. The thick chips were amazing however..... Some days add something with maybe mash and veg. And maybe a healthy salad option now and again would be a good alternative? The coaching was well organised and concentrated on the individuals training needs was of great benefit. Although our training was a little cut short most days this was not reflective of all trainers. James Andrews was very personable and would go out of his way to make hisself available which showed how much each individual meant which was a great personal touch.. The staff were all amazing and nothing was too much trouble. I will be looking forward to returning next year. And highly recommend the experience to anyone thinking of going.. Apologies if I have criticised some things but at least readers will be able to see it is a heart felt review... Well done James and crew and if the menu improves next visit a 5 review should be easy