“Great place to relax and improve your golf - plus great food!”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I'm a single lady and booked on an intermediate/improver ladies only course over 2 half days, 8.30am to 1pm. The classes are a maximum of 4 but there were only 2 of us so we got an intensive couple of days with Tom, our coach. The hotel is in the grounds and my room (room 1) was spacious with a big bathroom - although it could really do with a proper shower and not one of those candlestick hand held things that are guaranteed to spray water everywhere! But it was nice having a huge bath and a good soak after the day's exertions. Tom was great and very patient, it was good being able to review the video sessions and it really helped me understand what I was doing wrong. The food is fantastic, good ingredients cooked really well, I've had worse eggs benedict in hotels charging much more. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back when I need another reminder of what I'm supposed to be doing!

1  Thank v0dkalady
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Sedlescombe Golf Club and the James Andrews Golf School. The tuition was great and was tailored towards specific areas that I talked about in our first session. The Clubhouse including the Restaurant were first class and very friendly, and the breakfasts were great. The Hotel / Lodge was very quiet, clean and comfortable.
I would certainly recommend a trip to anyone who is serious about improving their golf and many thanks to James Cunliffe, my instructor. My putting and long game have both improved significantly and I have 2 prizes to show for it since returning to Chesterfield !
One other point, I've found the video analysis of your swing and tutorials which are sent to you after the visit work a treat in terms of reminding you of key drills and swing tips . They stop you from slipping back to the old ways !

4  Thank nmiller72016
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Small class size and first class coach (James C) enabled me to realize the most from my experience.
Good use of modern equipment and traditional coaching techniques used to assess, fully explain and to promote the necessary corrections required to improve my game.
Accommodation, restaurant and bar facilities added the final touch to the superb setting and added to an extremely pleasant experience.

2  Thank tmg_wg3
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Couldn't fault the whole experience, fantastic beginners course, thank you so much Tim for your patience and sense of humor. Lovely accommodation and great food. Thank you everyone.