“Best golf tuition I've come across...”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This is my third visit to the school and it seems better every time. I did a 2 day intermediate level course under James Cunliffe with one other trainee. He is an outstanding instructor, very professional with just the right attitude and personality which means he is a naturallly good teacher. The world needs more like him. The instruction was just what I need in the off-season. I know now what exactly what I should have been doing, implementing it the next problem to be solved. The mix of video analysis, one to one instruction, unlimited practise balls and on course guidance works very well as a package.
I did not stay in the accommodation on site this time as I live a shortish drive away but it is perfect for the golf school albeit without frills.
I will certainly return next year.
Brian

"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Took the intermediate course, over two days as this fitted with my schedule, I found the course excellent and the facilities first class. Also the club house staff and food were one of the best experienced. On reflection, I would have spread the course over more days as the phyiscal demands are high

2  Thank MoretonBoy
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I have recently returned from the 2 half day intermediate course and cannot recommend this place highly enough! Our coach James was fantastic, spending time with each one of us individually to make sure that we got exactly what we needed out of the sessions. The small groups (3 in mine) made the experience feel very bespoke. The hotel is excellent, the food was far superior to any other golf club I've been to and all the staff we met were very friendly - especially Sam in the bar/restaurant/reception! Will be recommending to anyone and everyone that I can!

1  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I'm a single lady and booked on an intermediate/improver ladies only course over 2 half days, 8.30am to 1pm. The classes are a maximum of 4 but there were only 2 of us so we got an intensive couple of days with Tom, our coach. The hotel is in the grounds and my room (room 1) was spacious with a big bathroom - although it could really do with a proper shower and not one of those candlestick hand held things that are guaranteed to spray water everywhere! But it was nice having a huge bath and a good soak after the day's exertions. Tom was great and very patient, it was good being able to review the video sessions and it really helped me understand what I was doing wrong. The food is fantastic, good ingredients cooked really well, I've had worse eggs benedict in hotels charging much more. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back when I need another reminder of what I'm supposed to be doing!

1  Thank v0dkalady
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Sedlescombe Golf Club and the James Andrews Golf School. The tuition was great and was tailored towards specific areas that I talked about in our first session. The Clubhouse including the Restaurant were first class and very friendly, and the breakfasts were great. The Hotel / Lodge was very quiet, clean and comfortable.
I would certainly recommend a trip to anyone who is serious about improving their golf and many thanks to James Cunliffe, my instructor. My putting and long game have both improved significantly and I have 2 prizes to show for it since returning to Chesterfield !
One other point, I've found the video analysis of your swing and tutorials which are sent to you after the visit work a treat in terms of reminding you of key drills and swing tips . They stop you from slipping back to the old ways !

4  Thank nmiller72016