“Brilliant relaxed Golf School”
Review of James Andrews Golf School - MOVED

James Andrews Golf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our intensive golf schools are suitable for all ages and abilities and offer carefully structured golf tuition with one of our PGA professionals. Students are placed in ability-matched groups no larger than 4 to guarantee individual attention. Initially your golfing ability will be assessed and a tailored work plan created, then during each school your needs will be continuously evaluated,
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Can't rave enough about this place. I went from Edinburgh as had read good reviews and was not disappointed at all. I am a complete beginner and my 11 year old son was intermediate. We booked into the lodge for a 3 half day course and then another 2. As being in school half term thought we would make a week of it seen as flying from Edinburgh. We did not want to come home! I went from no clue at all to feeling comfortable playing a round of golf. Thanks to the lovely Tom. So patient and brilliant at explaining and so relaxed. James Andrew will provide everything you need right down to shoes if you want.
My son, Fraser was with James who again had the patience of a saint and helped improve his golf. Fraser couldn't stop going on about how great James was.
The lodges were fab and immaculate with the most lovely staff cleaning the rooms. In fact I was unwell one day and they were offering to bring me food or could they go to the pharmacist for me. The girls in the club house amazing also. I wish I could name them all. The food is fab in the clubhouse. There is not one negative thing I could say about this place. It was home from home. I felt we knew everybody by the time we left. All staff are caring and show such an interest in you and how your getting on with your golf.
We will definitely be back again and I'm already planning trips with the girls from Edinburgh to go learn there. I'm already selling it to everyone here in Edinburgh. The best way to do it.
You must go and even if your a complete beginner! You will love it. And if your a golfer you will improve loads.

6  Thank Sonya1106
"great coach"
"extra blankets"
"great accommodation"

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I typically attend this School once or twice a year for a 2 x half day course (I do it so that the lessons are in the morning and you can then play the 18 hole course free in the afternoon to practice what you have learned) - I always ask for Tom who I think is an excellent instructor. Cannot recommend enough. On site accommodation also very comfortable and good value. 100% recommended.

3  Thank evelyninhouston
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I went to the school to improve my game and I certainly got what I wanted. From start to finish I improved so much more than I thought was possible. I can not thank my pro James enough. However, it was not just the pro golfers that were brilliant. The waiting staff in the club house restaurant were always really friendly and sociable, showing a great interest in how your day has been and always delivering a fast first rate service. As for the food, everything is really fresh and of an excellent quality; there was always something on the menu each night that was different and could really take your fancy. To top things off with the cherry on the cake, the hotel rooms were large, luxurious and relaxing with a large ensuite. Could not have wished for more and I am already thinking about doing another course.

1  Thank jamieliquorish
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Having not really played much golf before I didn't quite know what to expect. We had booked on to the 2 day beginners course and our tutor, James Cunliffe, was absolutely fantastic. He took the time to explain everything really well and if you were struggling with something he would keep coming up new drills to try to improve your play. The hotel and golf club were very comfortable. I would definitely recommend the school and James to anyone.

1  Thank ATCY1990