All reviews stayed here night's sleep high standard toast ray suite hosts bexhill cereal
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Stayed again at Collington Lodge again but due to an excellent previous visit I stayed for 2-nights this time prior to and after my golf competition.

The lodge has had a big face lift with new carpets and furnishings and my room (6) was again excellent. Clean with everything I could possibly need (tea, coffee, TV & en-suite) and everything topped up for the next day also. This room was at the back so it was even quieter than my previous room (3) last year which to be fair, was still quiet but at the front.

Breakfast was plentiful although this time on the first morning I didn't do it justice (self inflicted).

This is such a friendly, personal place to stay, I feel like I'm visiting and staying at relatives and I will be returning again next year.

Can't recommend the lodge highly enough.

Would still love Wi-Fi though ;-)

Room tip: Rooms at the back (6) will be quieter with sea view, those at the front are on a main road but I heard nothing the previous year in room 3.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Robbie1959
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My wife arranged a very last minute visit to Collington Lodge for the August bank holiday. We arrived and although the e-booking hadn't gone through (our two children!) the beds in the family room were quickly and smoothly made up while we were unpacking. Really good welcome and helpful, with nothing too much trouble. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was hearty and well organised. As a bonus I left my phone charger behind and Chrissie very kindly sent it back (no charge to me) for which I'm really grateful. I recommend this as a place to stay with a family (there's only 1 family room though so be quick!) Thanks again guys.

3  Thank Adrian R
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband and and 2 girls in August, we had a fantastic time, chrissie and ray are wonderful hosts and nothing was to much trouble, they provided juice for my girls every day with the coffee making facilities, my girls thought this was cool, we stayed in the flat at the top off the house, as the pervious review states this is a good too, I only have good things to say about the hotel and the hosts, was going back in October, but now not able to, will be back to bexhill on sea at some point and this lodge will be my first port of call, great service and great stay, 6 stars from us.

1  Thank Nikki D
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very warm and friendly atmosphere, professionally run by the owners who go out of their way to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. I will defiantly go there again the next time I'm down that way.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Baldy1974
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and my 2 children stayed at Collington Lodge for 2 nights during the summer holidays. We stayed in the 'Flat' at the top of the house, which had a beautiful view of the sea, it was perfect for a family as there was a separate living room for me to sit in and enjoy an evening once the kids were asleep. The owners were very friendly and were great with the children, they even supplied juice for them along with my tea and coffee facilities in the room which I thought was a fantastic touch and made the children feel very welcome. Breakfast was fantastic with a great choice. We will definitely be staying there again when we are next in the area.

1  Thank Teresa C