“Simply stunning! A home from home.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bexhill-on-Sea
Highwoods Farm B and B
Ranked #17 of 22 Bexhill-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I can't possibly thank Linda and Gordon enough for our stay last weekend. They went above and beyond the expectation of B&B owners and made me, my husband, newborn baby and two friends, feel extremely welcome and at home.

Before I even arrived, Linda put me at ease. Having recently given birth, I was worried about staying away from home with a newborn baby. I emailed Linda with lots of questions and she was able to instantly answer and make me feel relaxed about our upcoming stay.

My baby has a dairy allergy and in turn, I am unable to eat dairy. My friend also has a gluten allergy and Linda catered for us, no question asked - she simply provided dairy free and gluten free options throughout our stay.

Both Linda and Gordon were on hand to answer questions, provide items and advice during our stay and we felt comfortable being in their B&B. Be it an ironing board, the internet password, condiments for fish and chips bought down the road - all we had to do was find Linda in the kitchen and she was there on hand to help.

To make it easy to navigate, I've broken down our stay as follows:

Bedrooms: Very clean, immaculately kept and well stocked with all the things you would need during your stay. Hairdryer, internet etc. The beds in both rooms were very comfortable and the linen fresh and of good quality. The hospitality tray was more than adequate and the Jo Malone candles and hand picked flowers from the garden dotted around the room gave that added little element of luxury. If you wanted to simply relax in the room, watch tv and spend a weekend chilling...then the room has everything you need to not even move outside of it!

Ensuite Bathroom: Clean, fresh white towels and bathrobes. Luxury! The bath was large with a fabulous rain shower too! (The bath is deeper and wider than our own at home!) Molton Brown toiletries and the usual overnight supplies were present in the bathroom and were restocked during our stay.

Shared Bathroom: Just as wonderful as the en-suite. So close to the bedroom that it could be considered an en-suite! And considering that there are only two rooms, users would have this bathroom to themselves anyway.

Decor: Linda and Gordon have decorated the B&B to a very high standard. Original features, fireplaces, beams, stained-glass windows, wooden staircases and ornate details here and there add to the luxurious feel of Highwoods Farm. A real cosy, homely feel with an added element of luxury.

Breakfast: Amazing! Breakfast is served in the dining room (although we could have eaten outside too) and there is such a variety on offer in addition to the menu that was present in the room. We had the option to leave the time and type of breakfast we wanted. We had fresh fruit each morning, cereals, toast with a large variety of spreads and a full english breakfast cooked to perfection! One morning we all asked for different eggs: fried, scrambled and poached and this wasn't a problem for Linda at all. The fresh, locally sourced food items were served with a smile and an abundance of tea and fresh juice. Linda and Gordon was also so very kind to hold our baby daughter whilst we ate breakfast. (Being grandparents they had the magic touch and our little girl was happy to be bounced around by both of them!) I would come back just for the breakfast it was that good!

Grounds and additional: As you can probably see from the photographs I have added...the grounds and the B&B overall is more than deserving of the rating it has been awarded. Immaculate, well kept, a garden that is loved and well tended to; mimics the same standard inside. Linda takes pride in all that she provides for her visitors. We felt like family as opposed to guests.

Lounge area: Large TV, a wealth of books, board games and more than enough information about local events, attractions and the like to keep you entertained during your stay. One even, we sat eating fish and chips whilst watching the Olympics in our Pyjamas - Linda popped by once to check if we needed anything and laughed and joked with us about the Queens appearance at the opening ceremony, before leaving us to enjoy our evening. Linda was so welcoming to us, we invited her to stop by and watch the ceremony with us - but she kindly declined and left us to ourselves to enjoy the rest of the show.

Landing area: A fridge with milk and fresh water is situated just outside the two rooms. This was very useful during our stay.

Local info: As soon as you enter the B&B, you will know that Linda and Gordon have a great knowledge of the local area. The leaflets, books, magazines, recommendations etc in the entrance hall are stocked and up-to-date and showcase a variety of thing to do.

Parking: Ample parking on the drive.

Would we come again? Most certainly. In fact, we have a day trip to Brighton planned at the end of August and we plan to pop in and see Linda and Gordon before we head home. We've also decided that we would make Highwoods Farm B&B our 'go-to' place to stay when we travel to Eastbourne, Hastings or Brighton.

I look forward to seeing Linda and Gordon again, not just for their outstanding hospitality but to simply catch up with them and say hello - a genuinely thoughtful and caring couple with an obvious love for what they do.

Room Tip: Don't feel you have to choose the en-suite room. The room that is not en-suite literally has a b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SamanthaPoppet
There are newer reviews for Highwoods Farm B and B

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend break, and I have to say we throughly enjoyed our stay at Highwoods Farm. The room was large, clean and comfortable and we had everything we needed. The breakfast was fantastic and the owners - Linda and Gordon made you feel so welcome in their home. They offered advice on what to see and do in the area, I honestly can't fault this place. We had a fantastic time and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Smurf09
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My Wife and I have been staying in B and B's in the UK for 25 years. Highwoods Farm is definitely one of the best! Linda and Gordon are great hosts, nothing is too much trouble. Everything about the House is Quality. Furnishing and decor is immaculate. Anyone who makes this much effort to give you a first class break deserves a successful business. We wish them well!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank toastallround
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My family and I had a fantastic post Xmas break in this excellent situated B&B.
The rooms were very comfortable, and we were with 2 children. I can't stop thinking of the delicious breakfast. Locally sourced, and homemade. Definitely the price justifies an annual visit.

Room Tip: There ae two. Both great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Seb M
Reviewed 31 December 2011

One of the best b&b I have ever met.
Linda and Gordon are simply gorgeous, and makes the place peacefull, warmth and welcoming.
The breakfast it's sublime, generous and tasty. All the food is "home-made" (made by Linda and Gordon).

I'll came back as soon I return to england :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank waabox
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had a great time. Linda is a perfect hostess and cook. She can bake delicious scones and I can only repeat the comments of previous guests about her breakfast. The cooked breakfast is very good. You can choose what you would like: the strong English tea with milk is not my cup of tea. So Linda made especially my cup of tea. The (bath)room was very spacious, spotless and cosy. The same for the guest lounge. They provide free WIFI. We could watch dvd's, listen to music and a lot of books of general interest and novels. Home from home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tasduivel
Reviewed 18 April 2011

You really couldn't ask for more with this B&B. Linda and Gordon are so welcoming and friendly, the house and surroundings are beautiful, breakfast is amazing and so are all the little touches that make this stay very special.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple