The Cooden Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$196
  • Breakfast included
George Hotel(Battle)
US$98
US$88
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$156
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
US$126
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$124
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,031 results
All reviewssea viewbeachside restaurantwedding receptionsunday lunchrestaurant staffleisure facilitiesafternoon teawaiting stafffish and chipsfunction roomoverlooking the beachwedding partysteam roomlovely locationsingle roomtrain stationhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We Had our wedding day on Friday 24th August and it was Perfect, the weather was a little rainy at times but we made the most of it, the staff were always smiling and helpful. food and drink was great, i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who made our day, especially Jenny and Chris who made the day run so smoothly and the owner who came down to meet us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Cooden Beach Hotel in Bexhill-on-Sea for the first time this past August. I found all of the staff very helpful, especially with my gluten / wheat free dietary requirements and the leisure facilities were most relaxing and enjoyable. My room was spacious, comfortable and very clean and I had a small balcony with sea view which made my stay even more enjoyable. I plan to visit again and have already made a provisional booking for next year. I would certainly recommend it for a luxurious, comfortable and restful stay. The hotel has its own beach too. Bexhill itself is also a quiet, non-commercialised, little seaside down which is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: I had a room with small balcony overlooking the sea. The room was quiet, spacious and very clean and it was lovely just to look out at the sea first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Many years ago I had a caravan on the farm Barnhorn Manor near Bexhill and recently was planning a return visit to see many of the places I used to visit. I now am quadriplegic and use a wheelchair. I frequently use hotels and I find they are very helpful and will meet my modest requirements (I take most of the equipment I need with us). I particularly wanted to stay at the Cooden Beach Hotel and contacted them to make sure I would be able to use their facilities. They have made adaptations which are mainly appropriate, but because I use a hoist that needs to go under a bed I asked if the hotel would raise one of their beds on bed blocks (approximately 10cm). I even offered to supply the blocks.

Unfortunately the hotel refused quoting 'health and safety' as their reason for doing so! This means that I was unable to stay there. On 28 August 2012 I wrote to the Duty Manager and to the hotel owner suggesting a way forward at a minimal cost to the hotel. They have not given me the courtesy of a reply. I find this to be unacceptable.
Dr Christine Barton MBE

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Christine103186364
Reviewed 16 September 2012

great hotel but very disappointed with room as it was not in the hotel but in the car park! they have 8 rooms in a block in the car park.So when you book make sure your room is in the actual hotel. staff very polite service excellent but very disgusted at accommodation.

Room Tip: make sure room is actually in the hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenny_D_12897
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This hotel is in a great location right on the beach close to Bexhill and handy for Eastbourne & Hastings. We stayed at the hotel as we were guests at a wedding reception that was being held there. They seemed to do a good job with the reception and it was enjoyable to take a drink to the outside tables near the sea on a warm summer evening.

Overall our stay was fun but we left feeling that we had paid more than perhaps the stay was worth. The hotel is a lovely impressive old building and we received a very good welcome at reception on check in. We were given the key and found out that our room was in a seperate building across the car park. So we left the nice main building and headed to one that was far less impressive - in fact a relative of ours upon hearing we stayed at the Cooden Beach asked us if we had stayed in the main building or if they had put us in the "barracks"! When we got to our room it was OK and they had put in some nice decorative touches to try and cheer it up but it didn't feel like a hotel room but more like we were staying in someone's flat. We didn't benefit from the impressive sea views either as our room had a view of the car park and train station.

Incidentally there was a delay checking out at reception the morning after as there was a man at the head of the queue complaining that he had been kept up by the noise from a wedding reception so perhaps staying in the nicer building has drawbacks too and if having a quiet room is important to you it may be an idea to check if they have a wedding reception booked at the time you are staying as there are apparently rooms that can be disturbed.

We felt the room rate was high and frankly we have paid less to stay in better hotels. There are not really any alternatives in the immediate area so this means that they can charge rates that are higher than perhaps it is worth.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple