“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Row
Monaghan, Ireland
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel while on a business trip to the area in April 2014. The accommodation was comfortable and quiet giving a good nights sleep. The food in the restaurant was of good quality both for the evening meal and for breakfast. Staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

As a team we are delighted to read that you can relax with us when away on business.
I will convey your kind words to the team, and I prompt you to book with us directly - for business or pleasure; We can always guarantee the best available rates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had our Wedding breakfast and evening reception at the Roebuck on 7th June. We loved this hotel as the price was within our budget which is important. The gardens are beautiful and luckily the sun was shining despite bad weather reports. The staff were amazing from when we first put our deposit down to leaving the day after the wedding. They responded to all my queries in record timing which makes planning a wedding a lot easier. The staff were friendly and helpful the whole time and the Wedding day went without a hitch. They catered to the way we wanted our day to be. We were allowed in on the Friday to set the venue up and they packed all our stuff up at the end of the reception allowing us to collect everything the next morning. The food was hot and well presented and all the guests commented on how nice it was. We also paid extra for an evening buffet which our guests scoffed down as quick as it came out!! Breakfast was included with our room which was nice as it didn't give us another thing to worry about. The rooms are perfectly adequate for this type of hotel, we had the space we needed and the room was lovely and quiet. Nick and Val really are the driving force behind The Roebuck. I will continue to recommend The Roebuck to friends and family..... not just for events but even just to have a meal. Thank you for helping may our day so special. xx

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you kindly for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

It is a pleasure it is to read that the day was memorable and that all guests and family thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

I wish you both all the best for your future,

Kind Regards,
Lingfield, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and i used this hotel for the entire day of our wedding. The scenery was beautiful, Nick and the team couldn't help enough, the food was great and the evening party was a great success. The rooms, though a little dated were adequate, and the breakfast menu was very good. So overall we felt we got very good value for money and would definatley recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

It is lovely to read that the day was memorable for you, and that all guests and family enjoyed your celebrations.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you and your family back when I can assure you of another warming stay.

I wish you both all the best for your future,

Kind Regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times on business and every time I have enjoyed my stay.
I often stay at a hotel and think I shall rebook when in that area only to be disappointed on my second visit. I can honestly say this has never been my experience at the Roebuck. I often speak to other guests who feel the same.
Easy access to A22, enormous car park which is great for us guys towing a trailer. Check in quick and easy.
Rooms are fine, always spotless and warm with good wifi.
Huge choice of well priced food on the menu with daily specials also.
Breakfast is great with again lots of choice and lovely strong coffee.
Well done to Nick and all the staff and looking forward to my next stay.
Keep up the good work

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Robert J
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor following your stay.
I was pleased to read that our hotel consistently accommodates for all of your needs.
On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to The Roebuck, and advise when you book again to come to us directly for the best available rates.
Middlesex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Didn't stay in the hotel, just stopped for lunch. Good menu (upmarket pub grub, I guess) in a lovely setting. Ate on the terrace as the weather was great but the bar and restaurant areas looked good too. Food good, service fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your recent lunch with us.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the restaurant team who looked after you so well and to the kitchen team who prepared your lunch.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the sun on our terrace, we are blessed with fabulous views across Ashdown Forest to enhance your visit!
On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My sister chose the Roebuck for her wedding on May 3rd 2014 and we stayed for two nights. While the rooms were a little tired, they were immaculately clean and very comfortable. The team at the Roebuck are wonderful and can't do enough for you. The food was lovely and very well presented. The wedding itself ran like clockwork, so smoothly and the meal was exceptional. The service incredibly fast, usually when a large number of people sit down for a set meal you would expect to be waiting but this was not the case. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel for anyone planning an event or for somewhere to stay. I would definitely book there again if I found myself in that part of the country. Thanks to Nick, Dave and teh crew for making it a wonderful weekend !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank crazyLeeds
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at The Roebuck Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Ann B, Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback. I will pass your great comments on to our team ,who I’m sure will really appreciate this.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a my wife's brother was getting married there, the staff were excellent and the wedding went without a hitch. The venue is nice but looking a little dated. My grumbling starts and finishes with our room, when we booked we requested a family room allowing our 2 children to stay with us. We were charged £140 for the room with no discount for being part of the wedding party, there was a fold out armchair in the room which would only accommodate 1. Despite my request when booking the facilities were not as promised. It's a good thing that I brought my own air bed along allowing us all to have a bed. The room was tired with lose floorboards. Nice hotel and great friendly staff but Not worth the price I'm afraid!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rob T, thank you for your comments both good and not so good
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest Row
Buxted Park Hotel
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Uckfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,389 reviews

Been to The Roebuck Hotel? Share your experiences!