“Nice food and they deliver!”

Roochi Real Indian Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Forest Row
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Roochi offers real Indian cuisine of consistently high quality, cooked with the very best of ingredients. Our customers are special to us, that is why everything on the menu is freshly prepared on the premises by our skilled and dedicated chefs to guarantee the finest authentic cuisine.
east sussex uk
“Nice food and they deliver!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Having eaten once in here and had a takeaway before I can say that both times the good was hot and to a high standard and very tasty slightly more expensive than another well known takeaway/restaurant in the area. Great atmosphere in restaurant. Only one issue if getting a delivery once for my children and I, it took an hour and a half to get delivered after about 5 phone calls and being told yes it'll be 5 minutes, sorry Madam 10 minutes etc you get the gist! But after speaking to the manager he reimbursed me my money and had it on the house that made up for it and the made the curry taste even better!

• Visited January 2014

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“delicious, and very friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I feel very lucky to have this as my local Indian restaurant, the food is usually absolutely delicious, and when its not its just delicious! The staff are very friendly and attentive, I have never received bad service at Roochi, and perhaps any bad service experienced by other reviewers might be a symptom of Roochi being too popular and therefore being very busy.

• Visited April 2014
Forest Row, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is our favourite Indian restaurant with really good food, atmosphere and service. We have eaten here several times over the last few years and never been disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was the first time I've been here, and having eaten at a lot of different Indian restaurants, I can confirm that this was by far the best I have ever tasted, also receiving extremely attentive and polite staff

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Louisa_MacAvoy
Ystad, Sweden
“Food very good, service a little off”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have lived in Forest Row for only a year but seeing as I am an avid lover of Indian food it's taken me a long time to visit this restaurant, so when a friend and I finally got around to eating here (after driving past almost daily) it was slightly disappointing.

Not the food, the food was pretty good. I had saag paneer and tandoori chicken with lime and cashew rice. Delicious!

It was the service; it wasn't *bad* but it was a little odd.

My partner asked if they could light the candle as it was sitting there looking unloved and the waiter lit it for us and then spent an inordinate amount of time rearranging our table then storming off. We looked at each other, perplexed.

Later on, he came over and asked about our food. I replied that it was delicious but that the salad had a strange taste to it (almost like cleaning liquid) to which he replied that only the freshest things were ever used ... *even* the chicken! I was thankful that 'even' the chicken was fresh : )

When it came to paying the bill, he was a little odd again. Not rude, certainly not rude, but odd.

So all in all, we had a great meal and the service was good, if not a little odd. I'm sure we just found the odd-bod of the place.

• Visited February 2014