“Fantastic Meal and a Pint”
Review of The Middle House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayfield
The Middle House
Ranked #1 of 2 Mayfield B&B and Inns
Mayfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal and a Pint”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have just had an excellent meal in this traditional English Pub. It is a bit of a step up from normal pub food but not too fancy, Beer was excellent. Service was great and the ambiance was great. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rotherfield
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have eaten at the Middle House lots of times over the years. It is consistently good. There is always lots of choice and vegetarians are catered for with an interesting and varied menu. The staff are always delightful and most have been there for a long time which is always a good sign. It is the best pub ever in our opinion - don't ever change!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked as a party of five for Sunday lunch. Booking is advisable, they only had the first 12.15pm sitting available. There was a lively family atmosphere including generally well behaved children. A wide choice of meals were on offer and the young staff were kept fully occupied shuttling between the kitchen and tables.

Food quality was good, my beef excellent. Only comment was that the table could have been cleared more quickly after we all finished and that the dessert course could have arrived quicker. All in all though, a very satisfactory Sunday dining experience. I should mention the Harvey's bitter, always pleased to see that on the tap.

Room Tip: Make table reservation in plenty of time.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went here for lunch on a rainy Sunday. Great atmosphere, really busy but the food & service are amazing. My husband & I had roast pork & chicken, respectively, big portions of meat, yorkshire pudding & stuffing. The Middle House also serves the BEST vegetables. Roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots & cheesy potatoes all cooked to perfection.

Go early if you want to get a table, sit by the log fire and enjoy a local ale if it's cold outside, or enjoy the great views from the garden when the sun is out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue O
Pevensey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been to The Middle House a number of times and, so far, it has not disappointed. The staff are friendly and efficient, and the food is plentiful and tasty. I had a chorizo and bean stew, which was great. I would return

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We took friends to The Middle House yesterday and had a lovely meal. When we booked we were offered a table in the restaurant, or in the chapel - we chose the latter. This is a separate room from the bar, but you go back to the bar to order food, which is then served to you. The meal was excellent - all four of us had something different - two fish dishes, fillet steak en croute and belly pork. The ingredients were superb quality, large portions and served by very friendly, efficient staff. Unfortunately, as we had all had starters, we then realised we were too full for pud - what a pity! A lovely evening - we will definitely take other friends there.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sel W
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed in the Middle House for three nights at the suggestion of a friend and I was more than impressed. The environment around the Hotel/Restaurant was spotless. The garden at the back was my favourite spot. The bar and restaurant were where I enjoyed great English food. On my first night I enjoyed their mixed roast which was cooked to a very high standard and my subsequent evenings were just more impressive. The breakfast was also very good with high quality bacon and sausages. Overall, the people who worked in the Middle House made me feel more at home than I have felt for a very long time. I do indeed appreciate their hard work and friendly attitude.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 106 which had access to the garden and 2 huge windows with fresh air coming through...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tshooter3617
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Buxted Park Hotel
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to The Middle House? Share your experiences!