“Beautiful B&B with a friendly, personal touch”

Lower Crabb Country House B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Mayfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed for one night in order to attend a nearby wedding and wish I had booked an extra day to enjoy the surrounds. One of the best B&B's I've ever stayed in, beautiful and well-loved old traditional english house, gorgeous grounds and the most welcoming hosts.

I felt I was staying at a friend's house, I had a newly decorated room with personal and lovingly selected decor - it was so cosy and I had the best night's sleep. I also had a lovely time chatting to fellow guests at breakfast.

This is what a B&B experience should be like: personal and warm. I will be delighted to stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here on a walk from Tunbridge Wells to Eastbourne with the kids and they loved it. Gorgeous house, amazing gardens and a host who couldn't do more. Drove us into town and then picked us up at no cost. Loved it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A wonderfully warm welcome awaited my arrival in this very comfortable typical Sussex style family home: dogs and Aga in the kitchen, cosy bedroom and perfect breakfast the next morning. I shan't hesitate to return if I get a chance, also to appreciate the garden and views, which in January, were inevitably not at their best.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CDavies593
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

A friend and I were attending a Camino reunion in Mayfield and needed overnight accommodation in the area. I found Lower Crabb on Trip Advisor and was impressed by the ratings and reviews.

I'm pleased to say that it lived up to and exceeded expectations.

We stayed in the Stable Annexe which was spacious, very comfortable, clean and well equipped.

The owners, Sally-Ann and James couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful and even helped us with a lift into the village.

The breakfast was truly excellent with the added bonus of a range of delicious home produced condiments.

The overall experience was great and I will stay again given the opportunity.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A really comfy and special bandb. Lovely country decor and all very comfortable. I was warm and snug in the stable annex in December. Sally Ann's breakfasts are wonderful and the whole family, dogs and chickens are all very welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. I will certainly return with my husband for a special treat when visiting this lovely area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We fell upon this gem when wanting a B&B close to Mayfield. A beautiful old house with a couple of double rooms to let plus a recently restored stable annexe. We stayed in the house and as the other room was not in use the next door 'shared bathroom' was private to us. Large fluffy towels and every little extra you could imagine was provided. Beautiful view over the garden also ensured no noise whatsoever from the road. Creaking floor boards and uneven ceilings combined with lots of family memorabilia made you feel your were in the family home rather than some sterile gust annexe. Nevertheless, the two letting rooms were accessed by a separate staircase. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of homemade produce and well prepared cooked offering; and with the lovely south facing garden view. At £80 it was good value.
We will be back, hopefully when we can enjoy the garden in better weather!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and i stayed at this beautiful B&B a in the middle of October and we couldn't have been more satisfied. From the welcome to the goodbye the whole experience was delightful and we couldn't have been made to feel more at home. I have and will continue to recommend this B&B to friends and family and hope to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben M

Been to Lower Crabb Country House B&B? Share your experiences!