“Superb English roast”
Review of The Carpenters Arms - CLOSED

The Carpenters Arms
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I with a friend turned up for a Sunday lunch without booking.
We ordered three roast beefs with the trimmings. They came along very quickly and all I can say is that it was the best pub roast I have ever had.

Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Delicious fish and chips, excellent wine, charming gracious host and superb service. This "old" pub has charming atmosphere and is a treasure in Mayfield.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Frendly and unspoilt pub that serves good home cooked food at very reasonable prices. Besides the main bar there's a comfortable lounge bar with leather sofas, a restaurant, and a games room with snooker table. They also do nice take-away Fish & Chips until 9.30pm every day.
Think they do meal deals during the day, although I went in the evening.
There's also an outside seating area under an arbour.
Overall a very pleasant experience.