“Very good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Whilst on business, I visited this restaurant as there wasn't any real choice in the town. I found the waiter very friendly and helpful. The meal was cooked fresh and was very tasty. I felt I got value for money. Should I ever return to the town, I will eat here again.

1  Thank Dave P

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Being a ex-local it's a treat to find a really good restaurant in the town. The Italian food here is really very good. I have eaten here a couple of times with my family. On both occasions have come out thinking that was one of the best Italian meals I've had. The service is very friendly. The restaurant seats about 25 and mid-week was full. We had a mix of specials off the board and regular dishes. There is a reduced menu selection for 2 or 3 dish fixed price but can be mixed with dishes with the main menu. I had a risotto, which was excellent - rice cooked perfectly. The rest of our group had a mix of pizza and pasta dishes and all enjoyed them. Much better food than some Italian chains I could mention. Highly recommended.

2  Thank AggyMan
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The best Italian meal I have had, even counting those in Italy. I had tagliatelle with tuscan sausage in a tomato based sauce. Other members of the party had fresh mussels; lovely salads and a thinly based delicious pizza. Great homely atmosphere, would also recommend it for couples. Great find and the good ratings on here are certainly true.

1  Thank Lukas K
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This a small jewel of a restaurant - the best in the area. A wide ranging a la carte menu reasonably priced, daily specials as displayed on the blackboard and a fantastic value midweek set menu. Fresh local fish as available and special home made desserts. Reasonably priced wine list with consistent quality. Charming attractive staff will guarantee you a warm welcome and cheerful service.

Or just pop in for morning coffee (excellent!) with home made Danish pastries and cakes.

I eat here all the time and bring friends when I don't feel like entertaining or want to give my guests more choice!!!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked this restaurant whilst in the area having read other TA reviews. We were a little concerned as the centre of Newhaven is a little rundown but, do not be put off, as this little restaurant is a gem. My husband had the seafood risotto and I had the chicken and onion ravioli and we found both to be well cooked and very tasty. There is a small but perfectly formed wine list and a specials board which changes regularly. We shared the chocolate and hazlenut tart for dessert and it was rich and yummy! We would definitely return if in the area again. Word of warning, do book especially on Friday or Saturday evening. The restaurant is very small and was full on the night we ate.