“Lovely meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went with my daughters, mum & dad, brother and grandma. We all had starters and they were thoroughly enjoyable, especially the garlic mushrooms - beautiful smoky taste. We also had olives & bread, bruschetta and prawn cocktail. Main courses were lasagne, pollo pizza, kids ham pizza, mushroom risotto and mixed seafood. I wasn't terribly impressed with the reformed ham on the pizza but other than that everything was lovely. Reasonably priced house wine (£13 a bottle), soft drinks fairly expensive but that is expensive. Staff were lovely, very friendly and attentive. Pizzas excellent value - they're HUGE!
I had breakfast here last year and did not enjoy it, but am pleased to have had such a redeeming positive experience, will definitely be back for lunch / dinner.

Milano
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great dinner here. We shared a frittura mista, mixed fried fish, and had two of the most big yet delicious dishes of spaghetti with seafood ever had. Too bad we were too stuffed to taste a dessert. Rosario and Luciano were both very welcoming and I can't recommend this place enough if you're looking for a good Italian meal. I never go to Italian restaurant outside my country but everything was closed today: I have to add "fortunately"! And don't forget to finish up with a real espresso!

1 Thank Matteo B
London, United Kingdom
“Good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Unpretentious spacious Italian. Excellent quality food and very helpful humorous staff. A good option for travellers on overnight ferry.

1 Thank Roger M
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hidden gem!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have just come home from a day trip in Newhaven with family, including children, and decided to try Luna Rossa for a late lunch, the food was fantastic, service with a smile and fast too. Rare to get so many qualities any more. Will definitely be back. The paninis are filling and have a nice Italian style bistro salad and chips with it, still full up 6 hours later! Also the outside seating area is a lovely suntrap, and is clean and well maintained.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Claire L
Hartfield, United Kingdom
“Friendly local restaurant”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. Friendly staff and excellent food in the evenings. Specials are usually worth a try. Even my husband found the pizza quite big.

Visited April 2014