“ideal for visiting sussex”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newhaven
Kesgrave, United Kingdom
“ideal for visiting sussex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

stayed at premier inn for one night 1week ago ideal for overnight before ferry crossing, and attractions in sussex convenient for brighton , room was decorated in good taste, breakfast self service ,hot and plentyful eat as much as required.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Warm friendly welcome as always at Premier Inn. Nice big TV in the room, I would estimate it at 37", although there was a distinct lack of channels, with no sky or BBC 24 hour news.

2 things I would like to say about Premier Inn in general, (I stay in them very regularly):

1. You are nearly there with the wifi, 30 minutes free is an improvement, but I want permanent free - Lump another pound on the room rate, so that my firm pick up the cost not me.

2. The breakfast offering is too limited. I don't want all you can eat, I may just want 1 egg, 1 sausage, 1 bit of bacon, a few beans and a cup of tea. I can't justify paying £7.95 for £3 worth of breakfast.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
March, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was the first time we had stayed in a PI for many years and we were quite impressed by the standard of the room and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We upgraded to a family room even though there were only two of us so had plenty of space. We stayed for four nights while we toured the area, in particular walking on the South Downs. our room was very clean and comfortable, although wardrobe space is a little limited, particularly for a family room. Bathroom was clean and the shower over bath was good. We selected the continental breakfast and they were willing to cook me poached eggs even though they were not part of the continental menu. The dinner menu was probably typical of Brewers Fayre, i.e. chips and peas with everything, although they happily changed the chips for jacket potatoes for me, but the menu is rather limited in this way. We don't all like chips with everything. As I didn't want desserts, I selected soup for a starter, and it was the same soup all four nights. However everything we ate was cooked well.

I do agree with other reviews that the hotel was hard to find. Even with the aid of a sat nav, we finished our journey somewhere on the roundabout close to the hotel and it was only after going round again that we found the signs indicating a hotel close by which we eventually found by going in the entrance to Sainsburys.

Although the room itself was not over expensive, adding the cost of food on afterwards can bump up the cost and I have been in other hotels where breakfast is included and paid less.

Room Tip: It was worth upgrading to a family room for the extra space
Norfolk, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Now don't get me wrong, I like Premier Inn because they are cheap and cheerful. I use them if I need an overnight stop in the UK. On the plus side, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable so a good night's sleep was had by hubby and me. Basic facilities again as standard were okay. Where it is not consistent with other Premier Inns were on minor points. As those who visit Premier Inns will know the breakfast is 'OK' (that doesn't mean good). It is basic road cafe standard. At Newhaven you have to order veggie sausages; they are not served as standard as they are in others. The service was good; staff were mainly courteous and on task. I was unimpressed when a man waiting to be shown to a table was referred to as 'darling'. (not professional). We giggled at the spelling on the milk server. See photo and spot deliberate (?) spelling mistake. You only have one comfy chair per double room. Our comfy chair was broken. On arrival, we ordered a Financial Times for the following morning (Saturday). When it did not arrive the receptionist assured us that the there is no weekend FT. We begged to differ. Had she tried a little harder she would have found that there is and she could have got one for us from the nearby Sainsbury. Talking about Sainsbury; to get to this Premier Inn, the signage is so poor you can easily drive round the area and not realise that to get to it you have to drive in as if you were going to Sainsbury. No account taken that most people going to the hotel probably don't know Newhaven too well. Overall good for the essential stopover. Please improve the signage to the hotel.Don't forget they will refund you if you do not get a good night's sleep. This happened to my sister once (not Newhaven) and she got her refund.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back look onto a quiet,pleasant country view. (Room 38 was one). Room 35 is locat...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Very impressed, and much better than my expectation / perception of PremierInns.

Clean, new room, amazingly comfortable bed - haven't slept that well in ages! Lovely and helpful receptionist - she even helped us jump-start our car after we got a flat battery, that's definitely not in her job description!

We didn't have dinner or breakfast there, but the restaurant next door looked very nice.

The location isn't very exciting (next to a supermarket/petrol station), but for our needs this didn't matter at all, and it was actually quite secluded thanks to fencing/trees.

SE England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

You think when you are building a purpose built hotel you could get this issue right... everything else fine. Did not have breakfast .... cost to expensive

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 48Fred48
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I went with friends to see Seven Sisters and Arundel Castle and we spent night in this Premier Inn. We were surprised to find the hotel in such clean and modern condition, the room was quite big in comparison with other Premier Inns I've been to and the staff on the reception were very friendly. I would also recommend to buy yourself a hotel breakfast that is served in pub just next to the hotel! Delicious!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newhaven
The Avondale
Newmarket Inn
Newmarket Inn
#4 of 8 in Lewes
Premier Inn Eastbourne (Polegate) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel? Share your experiences!