“First rate budget hotel”

Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newhaven
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stay at lots of Premier Inns around the country, and this was my first visit to this hotel. It was an excellent experience - the staff were friendly and professional and the room was equipped to a high standard.

Best of all was the price - as I'd booked it some weeks ahead it cost a mighty £29!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We used to live in Newhaven and I know we will be back time and again to the Premier Inn at Newhaven. We received a very warm welcome and the Receptionist offered my little girl a pillow for her toy dog, which delighted her! The rooms (which I think have been recently upgraded) are clean, comfy and have everything you need. The family room in which stayed was really big. The hotel is near to a main road and I didn't really hear any outdoor noise. There is a nearby Sainsburys next door too, if you need supplies/petrol. Returning to noise, I occasionally heard an internal door close (and noted that the fire doors seemed quite light and you had to not swing them open/back too hard, otherwise you'd have slammed the wall and woken everyone up!). We ate in the restaurant for dinner and it was ok - nothing special. Breakfast was good and hearty and I tend to not particularl favour PIs where the restaurant isn't actually on site (and instead in a next door franchise), however this one was as good as the ones that are on site (sometimes the franchises don't always have Costa Coffee for example, but this one has). We visited near to Christmas and there was a Father Christmas who the children could visit (for free) and this was another lovely touch. Newhaven itself is a very good location for visiting Brighton, Lewes, Eastbourne and isn't a million miles from Tonbridge Wells either. We will, of course, be back lots as it is our old home, but aside from that, I'd recommend this PI as it does what PIs do best - value for money and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kenobi
Reviewed 23 December 2013

premier inn do it again . just returned from a great weekend in newhaven. why do people moan,its a great budget hotel chain and far supirior to the prices they charge.have stayed in dozens of premier inns and all are great value. newhaven is like them all, great staff.great value this weekend we are away again and of course it will be premier inn

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We were visiting family in Lewes & wanted somewhere nearby to stay overnight. Having stayed here in the past we had no hesitation doing so again & booked 2 family rooms. They were attractively decorated & clean & spacious. We all slept really well & would love to purchase the pillows they use as they are the most comfortable ones ever slept on. We were greeted by a friendly man on reception & found the other staff to be the same. Breakfast in the restaurant next door was brilliant. Very welcoming Scottish gentleman showed us to our table & explained the options. The food was well cooked, varied choice & plentiful. It was a lovely added touch having 'Santa' walking around talking to the children. Our granddaughter had a lovely picture with him. Would definitely use again. :)

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank BobbiTaylor
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very much a standardPremier Inn in terms of the rooms and layout, but I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Despite being a busy weekend when I visited,my room and the hotel generally was spotlessly clean, I couldn't fault the house-keeping. The hotel is on a busy road, but I didn't hear a thing, obviously excellent sound-proofing. I use public transport and it is located a short walk from Newhaven Town railway station and just across the road from the Denton Corner bus stops and there's a little footpath by the Brewer's Fare sign. This is on the main coast route linking Brighton and Eastbourne, a lovely ride through beautiful scenry. My ony gripe is that Premier never give directions for non-drivers, they simply assume everybody will arrive by car, their maps are useless for pedestrians.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Davey511
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Bed was comfy but lots of strange loud creaking noises from the ceiling or windows during the night and the water pressure of the shower is the worst I've ever encountered. very weak.

Perhaps we were unlucky

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slimo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you're looking for a hotel to visit Brighton and the surrounding areas I would recommend Newhaven. Great transport links by bus every 10 mins Mon-Sat then every 15mins on Sunday.Great value.I would use the Sainsbury's cafe for breakfast. Quiet location rooms clean and staff very pleasant. Plenty of parking,

Room Tip: Ground floor if you don't mind using stairs only one floor, no lift