“Perfectly Adequate for our needs” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newhaven
Gloucestershire
“Perfectly Adequate for our needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2008

We stayed here for one night on a cold November Saturday as simply needed a convenient overnight base. Everything was clean, tidy and in good order and the bathroom looked as though it had been recently refurbished. We did need to turn the heat up a bit though as although the corridors were blasting hot air the room was a bit on the cool side, not surprising given the outside temperatures.

The Brewers Fayre pub next door served a good evening meal and a decent breakfast, but I was surprised to find no heat from any of the radiators on a very cold weekend and the pub was decidedly chilly both for our evening meal and the following day's breakfast. We weren't staying long enough to complain but I would have said something to the management had we been in the area for any longer.

We have had some disturbed nights when staying in budget hotels previously but I'm pleased to say for once we had a good night's sleep and no need of the guarantee! (Which I wish some other budget chains had as I would have claimed back on several occasions!). Overall it suited our needs and the close proximity of the pub is a bonus. It would definitely make me seriously consider using Premier again.

• Liked — Cleanliness and convenience
  • Disliked — Accommodation ok but pub/restaurant rather cold given a freezing weekend
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Stayed for two nights in September.

Booking: The rooms I needed were not listed on the website - which gave the impression the hotel was close to capacity. When I rang just to check I was told there were hardley any bookings for that weekend!

Location: I know the area well so knew it is a good 30 minutes at least away from Brighton. Lovely area with nice villages etc.

Hotel: CLean. You know what you are getting with this chain.
I booked a family room - it is the smallest "family" room I have ever seen! If you have more than one child beware! Once a cot is in there you can hardly move.

Lots of noise from the hallway.
Lots of random bangs and machinery too.

Food: Its attached to a pub. Prices are cheap. WE had evening meal there - 3 of the 6 meals arrived wrong. Kids had beens which looked older than me!
There is an eat as much as you want breakfast. Buffet is good but you have to order hot food. It arrives in tiny portions - 1 rasher of bacon, 1 Sausage, 1 egg and some beans. You can order extra but then you have to wait for it, and it really seemed to upset the waitress that we asked for more - like we were being out of order.
Sausage was burnt.
Bacon was almost raw.

Brighton and surrounding areas have lots of nice eateries - I know where I will be going if there is a next time.

Staff: Staff during the night were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
Daytime staff - only exposure was checking it - I had to wait for a break in the staff's conversation before I was allowed to check in...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Food, size of room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

Just stayed here and it appears the standards *have* lifted to that of the rest of the chain. Good breakfast, clean and spacious rooms - great value. Water pressure seemed low in our room and the bathroom was a little old in places but wasn't enough for me to complain and take up the offer of the "happiness garantee".

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2007

I stayed here for a couple of nights recently.
The room had everything that you needed and the breakfasts were great in the Brewers Fayre next door.
We had a rear room and there was quite noisy wildlife outside during the night so we had to have the windows closed which made the room quite hot.
However, we were provided with a fan which made up for it.
The ladies on reception were very friendly and made our stay comfortable and inexpensive.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Hot rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
South West France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2007

Disappointing for this chain which normally provides high quality budget accommodation that leaves its rivals standingy. This particular Premier Travel Inn has seen better days and is in need of a total refurbishment. While the rooms were clean and tidy, the decor, furnishings and equipment are dated and beginning to show their age. Many items were not in top condition, including the elderly tv with its broken handset, the ageing kettle and mugs which I couldn't resist washing before I used them and the rattly bathroom fan. Maybe the car park full of tradesmens' vans and road working trucks should have given me a clue. Still, it's a handy and cheap one-night stopover for those with an early ferry and there's a Sainsbury's right next door for bedroom picnic goodies, which is a better option than the Brewers Fayre attached to the hotel. Personally, while nt desperately unhappy with the hotel, I'll give this one a miss in the future if I can.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravelWarrior
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2006

My first time in a newly branded, all purple, PTI.
Extremely impressed. Basic, but very comfortable and very clean.

Small reception cramped with two ladies, one was training, she processed me and was very polite.

The room was a fair size with a comfortable, large bed. Lots of pillows, which I like. All the ameneties (TV, kettle, open-plan wardrobe) were in a cleverly designed unit which saved a lot of space. The bathroom was fine too.

The most notable feature was a large fake leather headboard with downlighters. It really made the room feel up market. A great piece of interior design.

No restaurant, but there is a Harvester next door (which I didn't use)

I paid GBP54 for one night. Very good value for the South coast.

If you want basic but tasteful for fifty quid you're sorted.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank nujjer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newhaven
The Avondale
Newmarket Inn
Newmarket Inn
#4 of 8 in Lewes
Premier Inn Eastbourne (Polegate) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newhaven Hotel? Share your experiences!