“What a view!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a view!”
Reviewed 4 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We had a lovely week at this beach house. The space was adequate with 3 good sized bedrooms, the beds are very comfortable and the linens 5-star luxury hotel quality. The kitchen is user friendly but bring your own tea towels. Areas of improvement include: the sofa which was old and very uncomfortable, plastic dining chairs you would expect to find in a school dining room. These are simple upgrades that I would expect to find for me to book my next visit. The outside deck and table are weather worn and need to be either regularly maintained or replaced and spoil the overall outside experience as they are most unsightly. Sunbeds are stated as not provided even though the property has excellent storage and a garage where they could easily be kept. While we are not prudish, and art is certainly subjective, the three framed prints in the largest bedroom are entirely unsuitable for a holiday-let where any child/children could wander in and see three nudes with pubic hair showing. Dog tax is charged at £50 extra for the week which is noted prior to booking. Having said this we would recommend this property.

8 Jul 2018
Thanks for finding time for the review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time at Pevensey Beach Retreat.
The views and position literally on the beach are something else, aren't they?
The owner regularly visited the house for her own delight and revelled in expensive finishes layered with a retro feel, which is a significant step from a traditional holiday let. The dining chairs are an excellent case in point as design touches which often delight guests but can polarise opinion.
Our housekeeping team will be smiling knowing that you loved the linen, but they'll be disappointed to hear that they forgot the tea towels, as a couple should always be provided for our guests.
Apologies for any miscommunication around sunbeds - these aren't provided (but I think you're right - it's a prime spot for them so perhaps they should be). Director chairs are available for the garden terrace.
The beachfront location and salty air plays havoc with maintenance of wooden decking and tables - they require on-going maintenance and have to be oiled at least twice a year and it sounds like that time has come again (although it was last done in May).
I'm sorry for any offence regarding the artwork - looking at them again now on our 3D tour I completely concur with your thoughts on subjectivity, but would happily present them in my sitting room or indeed within any of the 50+ holiday homes we manage as I honestly do not believe they are graphic or gratuitous in any way.
I'm so pleased you would happily return to the beach house and I hope we can look after you once more.
LondonSau...
London
“Lovely clean and spacious beach house”
Reviewed 7 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The house is very well located with the beach at the bottom of the back garden and the house was really clean, well-equipped and there was plenty of room. It is great if you are a dog owner as dogs are allowed on the beach all year round. We had a lovely family holiday here and would definitely come back.

9 Jun 2018
So pleased that you loved the beach house :)
I get so distracted by the views from the lounge every time I try to do a check-in!
I'll pass on your comments to our housekeeper who will be chuffed as well.
Thanks for staying and I hope we can help you again.
Chris S
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Exclusively Eastbourne,.....more like Excruciatingly Eastbourne”
Reviewed 14 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Where to start, probably the awful smell,a mixture of drains and rotten cabbage, animal faeces on the patio, bathroom fittings hanging off walls,broken light switches,stained pillowcase, kettle that didn't want to switch on, or badly fitted doors that you had to slam shut. Oh and the area, apart from the sea view ,leaves a lot to be desired . Obviously the agents aren't doing their job properly charging us almost £800 for a week in what is quite honestly a poorly maintained property . The welcome pack is a joke, a small selection of dried powders to make hot drinks...... We ended up leaving after one night of the week we had booked, and no refund offered. We find it difficult to believe the other reviewers stayed at the same property.....TERRIBLE AVOID

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Oct 2017
Hello Chris
I'm sorry that you left early, but even more disappointed that you felt it necessary to leave such an inaccurate, misleading review.
For the sake of other readers I would like to offer a measured, factual response.
You contacted us on Saturday morning to suggest that you had smelt something unpleasant in the property.
At Exclusively Eastbourne Holiday Homes we always try our very best to ensure that all our guests enjoy their precious time away from home and will react as soon as we hear of any problem.
We are local and very hands on (not simply a marketing agency) and take great care with all elements including housekeeping and maintenance. This allows us to keep close control over important features which have a real impact on guest experiences.
I immediately offered to join you so that we could both encounter the issue and deal with it as appropriate. This was turned down, but we visited shortly after (with you absent as agreed) and did not come across any issue with any smell, inside or outside the property). You returned and again contacted us about an apparent smell. I highlighted that I would immediately visit to investigate again, but by the time I got there you had left. Again, the property was completely free of smells. The following day the housekeeper visited and without any issue. If you also include the personal face-to-face check-in (which our guests find very useful to familiarise themselves with all the features) that was four visits without any issue of smell.
I will accept that the toilet roll holder in one of the bathroom was slightly wonky and that a small dial was missing on a switch, but both features were still practical.
We would never allow any stained linen to be provided (all linen is fresh and pressed for arrivals, with additional sets for more than a week), the garden and patio is inspected and cleaned for every arrival (although we cannot stand in the way of seagulls) and the welcome provision of drinks is a starter pack (as communicated in all elements) and not expected to provide sustenance for an entire week.
I am thankful for the many previous reviews which express enjoyment of such an invigorating stretch of private beach, with ever-changing skies and boats bobbing by, and the many historical sites locally.
I am sorry that you had to leave early but to demand a refund was inappropriate at best and whilst I am pained to hear of apparent disappointment I am confident that I and my team acted in a professional, efficient and fair manner throughout and that Pevensey Beach Retreat will continue to be thoroughly enjoyed across the calendar.
Regards
Carl (Director)
sueholida...
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Pevensey beach retreat”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Love the Eastbourne area and stayed many times. Chose this accommodation based on the pictures advertised and it was just as shown. It was ideal for us on the seashore and the view each morning was brilliant. Well equipped for sitting outside on the decking. Great for the children to be able to be on the beach. The property is all on one level and was comfortable and clean. A few shops in Pevensey 15 minutes walk away. Eastbourne is close and about 20 minutes drive away.

16 Aug 2017
Thanks Sue.
It sounds like Eastbourne and Pevensey Beach Retreat were perfect for you and the family.
I hope they loved the beach as their garden and the sea for their daily swims :)
Adrian S
Derby, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Spent last week at the retreat and had a fabulous time.the house was more than big enough for six people and had all facilities required.everything was clean and modern and the position on the sea front is great.sea was lovely to swim in and kids loved it.would definitely go back without fail.

15 Aug 2017
Thanks Adrian, sounds like Pevensey Beach Retreat was perfect for you guys - literally on the beach, well equipped and spotless. You have to love going for a swim before breakfast :)
Hope we can look after you again
grutvicky
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful beachfront house”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We really enjoyed our week in this beautiful beachfront cottage. The weather wasn't brilliant but there's something wonderfully restful about being able to wake up and look out at the sea. The living room is bright and the decking area is great for lunches and just sitting out. We had some nice beach walks and we did manage a couple of swims. The beds are comfortable and the kitchen is well equipped, everything of good quality and nice to handle. It felt like a place that's been furnished with love and attention to detail. We will be back!

5 Aug 2017
Thank you Vicky for finding time to leave your helpful feedback - I'm sure it will be very useful for potential guests.
Great to hear your loved the cottage and the fab location :)
I hope we can look after you again
Reynom01
San Francisco, California
“BLISS”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Perfect living on the beach .
Well equipped and comfortable.
Could not fault .
Walking distance to store pubs and restaurants short drive to anywhere else .
We will be back

12 Jun 2017
When we get such a glowing review from a San Franciscan I know we're offering just the right place :)
Carl (at Exclusively Eastbourne Holiday Homes)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing