“Tea Rooms and Hotel - magnificent setting with fantastic hosts!”
Review of Priory Court Hotel

Priory Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pevensey
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Tea Rooms and Hotel - magnificent setting with fantastic hosts!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having passed the hotel on numerous occasions, thinking what a wonderful location, I was delighted in passing one day to find an 'Open' sign outside!
With plentiful parking to the side and rear, I pulled in and had the most delicious cream tea! Scones were moist and served with clotted cream and jam - savoury scones available too!. A good selection of home baked cakes which all looked amazing. I am now a 'regular' client and am ploughing my way through the menu and their constantly changing selection of cakes on offer (not all at once of course!). Being a big fan of afternoon tea, I have sampled many throughout the UK and I have to say that the Priory Court Tea Rooms is one of the best. No stale, dry, hard scones here! Everything is fresh and the service is always personal and welcoming. Ten out of ten from me!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ktd85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for friends' wedding and had a simply fabulous stay. Peter and Vicky are accomplished hosts and the entire hotel oozes friendliness and thoughtfulness. Our room was extremely well furnished and appointed and the king sized bed wonderfully comfortable. Peter met us on arrival and offered us a welcome cup of tea while we caught up with friends also staying with him. Breakfast the following morning was fantastic....plentiful, prompt, great ingredients and well-cooked. what more could you ask.

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Eastbourne area look no further than the Priory Court Hotel; you will stay in a fantastic little hotel and be wonderfully well looked after by fab hosts and their staff.

Room Tip: We looked in most of them and they are all great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I read some great reviews about Priory Court prior to booking in so had very high expectations and I have to say our experience couldn't have been better. We stayed at Priory Court over a weekend for a friends wedding. The owners (Peter and Vicky) couldn't have been more accommodating even allowing us use of their printer to print off several drafts of my wife's speech. All the rooms were occupied by friends attending the wedding so we were able to have a good snoop in all 5 rooms. Each one spacious, immaculately clean, beautifully finished and tastefully furnished.

Everything from the fresh cut (real) roses on our dresser to the comfy, king size bed and the fabulous breakfast were perfect. I do not exaggerate when I say we were treated like Royalty.

I really can't recommend priory court highly enough and would recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in the Eastbourne area or simply looking for high quality accommodation for a relaxing break in quiet surroundings with an excellent host who's sole intention is to provide the best service possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After I saw the hotel before it was started on and the gardens were done I can truly say that the gardens look so lovely and colourful the hotel has come along nicely the owners are nice people and me and my partner was asked back to a wedding reception and everybody commented on how lovely the gardens looked

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms to anyone
1 Thank lisa875
Pevensey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A big thank you for Vicky and Peter and their wonderful staff for putting together an amazing wedding for me and my husband. It was a perfect day and every wish catered for. The rooms we stayed in before and on the wedding night were beautiful, the bridal suite had a lovely view of the castle and the gardens. The food at the reception and evening party was lovely and just right for the day. All my guests have said to me what a wonderful time they had and how well looked after they were. I would recommended The Priory Court as a wedding venue to anyone.

3 Thank teresa s
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After knowing what the hotel was was like 2 years ago, I was asked back to the new owners first big event after the refurb of the hotel and grounds.
On returning I found the transformation astounding.
The hotel has been fitted out with all the modern fixtures and fittings but still keeping in keeping with the building.
The tea rooms are very welcoming with home cooked food.
Outside the grounds and gardens have been transformed, with both an informal and formal areas both areas laid to lawn and nicely planted.
Thank you Vicky and Peter for a lovely evening.
Jeremy

1 Thank Jeremy C
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for a family member's wedding and it was stunning. The rooms were clean and quiet, the grounds are beautiful and tidy and Vicky and Peter are the friendliest and kindest. As a wedding venue it's amazing and unforgettable!

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Zbrown85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pevensey
The Cooden Beach Hotel
Langham Hotel
#2 of 40 in Eastbourne
PowderMills Country House Hotel
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Priory Court Hotel? Share your experiences!