We have been staying at the Brickwall once or twice a year for several years now and just returned from our latest stay which was fabulous. We experienced a 'night at the opera' along with our meal on Friday which was surprisingly fun and entertaining. The food is exquisite at the Brickwall,always beautifully cooked and served and using local meat,fish and vegetables.
The hotel is situated in a tiny quiet village within easy reach of the coast;Rye,Hastings,Eastbourne and the South Downs Way. Gardens and castles abound;Bodiam,Sissinghurst,Great Dixter to name a few!
Don't miss the organic vineyard up the road..free tasting and the Sedlescombe Regent is beautiful.
We feel the best rooms are in the main house, this time we stayed in Room 7 overlooking the village green and resident geese with four poster bed and panelled windows;a taste of times past.
Thank you..very much refreshed as usual
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickwall Hotel in Sedlescombe, on the outskirts of Battle, is a charming 16th century Tudor Mansion in the heart of the East Sussex countryside. The hotel is conveniently situated just off the A21, within easy reach of Hastings, Bexhill on Sea, Rye, Tenterden, Eastbourne, Tunbridge Wells, the A259 and M25. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Brickwall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickwall Hotel Sedlescombe
- The Brickwall Hotel Sedlescombe, East Sussex