“James Andrews golf school”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Southampton, United Kingdom
“James Andrews golf school”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Fantastic, hotel was beautiful, had a king room with 4 poster bed, balcony overlooking golf course and large bathroom. Great breakfast included. Friendly staff and golf pro Tom was brilliant. Very patient. Had 3 1/2 days of tuition including a lesson on the 9 hole course. Now feel confident enough to get out on a course and start playing golf properly. Will definitely go back next year for intermediate course. Brilliant starter course for anyone interested in taking up golf and beautiful environment for lessons.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a king room which was lovely but even the standard queen rooms looked lovely and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was a late booking, for a single night. We arrived late due to 'car trouble' to find we had been upgraded to a king room.

Large bedroom, fantastic bathroom and lovely view.

Breakfast was cooked to order, good quality and excellent service.

Value for money, wish we had more time there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my second stay at Sedlescombe golf course & James Andrew golf coaching accadamy.After attending a three day intermediate course last May I decided to improve my swing further by taking a 2 day advanced course at the beginning of February.As on my previous visit I was greeted with a warm & friendly welcome.The hotel accommodation was first rate with a good sized air conditioned room and on suite bath room.There was an excellent choice of evening meals which could be taken in the formal dining room or the separate lounge bar next door.My tuition was split between range and practice facilities, unfortunately the 18 hole course was closed due to the harsh wet weather but on the final afternoon I did get to play the par 3 9 hole with my coach which was a good opportunity to put into practice what I had
learnt.I played the 18 hole course on my previous visit & found it in very good condition with several challenging holes.If you are just starting out or a low handicapped seasoned player there is a course to suit your requirements, I'll definitely be going back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary P
Cotswolds
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Took advantage of the Winter Two for One offer, so I did the beginners course and my partner the half day advance. Despite awful weather, the coaches did everything they could to work round this and we both ended up having an enjoyable and worthwhile weekend.

Food on offer was good value and I particularly liked their quest for as much local produce as possible and this was cooked very well. Lovely friendly service from everyone from a pint at the bar to popping in for a mug of tea to warm up the hands!

Accommodation was very good indeed.

This is a very good set up and well worth travelling to and I would hope to come back again and hope for better weather - it certainly helped re-activated my desire for wanting to play golf

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited the Sedlescombe Golf Hotel at the end of Feb. Had a fun filled weekend hitting hundreds of balls in the driving range and we all really felt like we had improved quite dramatically over the three days. The tuition was excellent and could not be faulted. The rooms were a good size and and very clean, however, the lack of a shower was a little annoying. Breakfast was excellent. Overall we would be very happy to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rothley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I attended a beginners course - three half days. Great welcome at reception. Super hotel. Great vegetarian food on request. I was in a group of three and had helpful and informative tuition. Video analysis really helped each day. Finished off playing on the 3 par golf course. Yes it rained but still terrific fun and amazing progress. My advice if you are thinking of attending - just do it! I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Everything from the minute we arrived to the time we left was excellent. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and made us very welcome and will recommend you to my friends.
The hotel was excellent in every way. The training was first class and I will probably come at a later date for a refresher.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!