“Professional, welcoming and relaxing - all in one!”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Zurich, Switzerland
“Professional, welcoming and relaxing - all in one!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was a stroke of luck finding the James Andrew School of Golf. I wanted a holiday to improve my intermediate golfing skills and technique as well as gain more experience on the golf course, in conjunction with some sightseeing. This ticked all the boxes and more.
Only approximately 90 minutes from Gatwick Airport it was within easy driving distance through beautiful English countryside. The Lodge is extremely comfortable with spacious rooms and picturesque views across the golf course, and the restaurant and bar a quick minute's walk up in the Club Room facilities. The food was fresh and varied, served in a clean, welcoming environment with additional tables outdoors for sunny days. Tom, my pro-coach, was very knowledgeable, patient and supportive while I learnt new skills, and helped my game confidence improve dramatically. The use of video analysis is extremely useful, especially when included in the personalised handbook we get to take away with us at the end of the training course. The facilities are fantastic, with lots of putting greens, driving range spaces, room to practice chipping (sorry Natasha!!) and beautiful golf courses. I will definitely be recommending this place to my fellow golfing friends.
And if you have a bit of spare time if you are doing the half day courses and want a break from intense concentration, don't miss out on seeing the beautiful old village of Rye about 25 minutes away - English charm at it's best!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I attended a Beginner's weekend golf course including an overnight stay in the hotel. The quality of the coaching was excellent. We covered everything a beginner would need (putting, chipping, pitching, driving, rules of the game, etc). The tuition also included 2 sessions of video analysis. I had hardly picked up a club before but I felt that I progressed a lot over the weekend.

The accommodation was clean, comfortable and tastefully furnished. It had all of the amenities you would require including a bath which was essential to relax aching muscles after a whole days golf!

The food in the club house was very good. In the evening I had mussels followed by a rib eye steak. I enjoy this and the people I ate with also enjoyed their food; they had fresh fish from the local fish market.

The service was excellent throughout, from the coaching staff to the catering staff. They couldn't have been more accommodating.

The package of lessons and accommodation was good value particularly when you consider how much 14 hours of coaching would cost you if you booked individuals lessons elsewhere.

I would definitely consider doing another course at Sedlescombe and would recommend it to others.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was looking for a place just for one night over the weekend. Initially I thought this place was too close to Hastings but I found it to be perfectly situated. A driveway from the A21 led after 200 yards to a parking area and the single storey reception area and dining area. The sleeping accommodation was about 100 yards across the green and consisted of about 20 rooms on 2 floors. Great security on door entry and the rooms were very pleasantly decorated. Furniture was plain wood. Tea and coffee making available. Modern TV with good reception. I really enjoyed staying here. The breakfast was everything I could expect and the service super, extra tea and toast offered but I was full ! I never thought of staying at a golf hotel before but I would certainly stay here again. Between £70- 80 a night !

Room Tip: All rooms are well situated.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The school itself is great - has massively helped my game. The facilities, food and accommodation is also really great. Very easy to get to from London and felt comfortable the entire time I was there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank synik
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was in this hotel for a 3 days golf course. The room are good, the service is excellent. People are very helpful and friendly.
The golf course was excellent and will help me a lot in the future. I would advise to anyone to go there to improve anything about golf. The coaching is very good as well as the infrastructure with the video camera and other tool they are using.
Restaurant of the club is also very good.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have attended the school of golf several times during the last three years. I visited the school as a complete beginner for three years ago. The coaching is excellent and the teaching standard is high. Great opportunity to play on the main course in the afternoon where I practiced the new technique learned in the morning lessons. The atomosphere is pleasant. The hotel is comfortable. The food is delicious. I enjoyed my stay each time thoroughly. I look forward to my next visit.

1 Thank XiaoYanQi
Ticehurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Excellent coaching at all levels and unlimited golf on an 18 and a par 3 course. many varied putting greens.The accommodation was convenient and comfortable, food delicious and all the staff went out of their way to make it a delightful place to be.
Will look forward to my next time.

Room Tip: If not very strong request a ground level golf bag locker
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!