“The experience definitely lived up to my expectations.”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
Southampton
“The experience definitely lived up to my expectations.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The weekend was all I hoped for. Set in tranquil surroundings, the accommodation and club house were lovely. The food was delicious and good value. All the staff were really friendly. Tom, our golf pro, tuned in to what we wanted to get out of the golf school very quickly. It was a great success. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I attended a 3 day course with my business partner and a client and found it to be excellent to every level of my stay. From the golf tuition itself , the accommodation , the food quality and the level of service all of which were to the highest standard . Surprisingly after two and a half days of tuition we actually come back relaxed and more to the point had some positive feedback on our golf habits which I am now working on at the range.
I found the golf tuition to be constructive and recommend to all golfers whom are struggling to give this a go , I am off 18 H/C myself and really do believe I will now get down into the low teens which I have been attempting to do for a long while as the practice/tuition facilities Sedlescombe really do show things in a different light to that shown by your club pro at half hour a time .
With regard to the accommodation it was first class and the rooms were spotless with beds as comfortable as my own , only slight downside was that there was no shower cubicle but it did have a bath tub with a hand held shower over .
Lastly the food ....they didn't let us down and we had the choice to order fresh fish from the local market with a promise that the catch will be served on your plate within 8 hours , I had Plaice one night then Dover Sole the other which was so large it filled my total plate .
Will definitely come again ....maybe I'm dreaming but next time ill be going with the view to getting me down into single figures !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank martin s
England
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I have just spent 5 days at Sedlescombe, on a 5 half day tuition break and were so impressed that before we left we re-booked for August this year!
The tuition is well structured, comprehensive, and very varied (Thank you Tim you were great!) - something to suit everyone, beginners improvers and low handicappers alike, with the perfect balance of teaching, practice pauses and video analysis. Daily printouts of our video progress (before and after each lesson) proved invaluable, and were collated in a folder along with tips and hints on putting, lies, pitching, chipping and bunkers, for future use, so useful to know that we did not have to scribble notes or memorise points we were unsure of, during lessons. During the afternoons we practised our new knowledge on the beautiful course, which is in excellent condition. The pro shop staff were very helpful and we were measured and had clubs shortend too, all on site.

All the staff we encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile to oblige. The restaurant and bar area staff provide freshly prepared food all day (including fresh fish collected from the harbour each day and bought to order!) Sam and her staff were all delightful and so efficient even when busy.

It was so refreshing to feel the friendly atmosphere everywhere, and although we had an intense (for us) 5 days, we also felt we had had a holiday!

There are many places of interest around Sedlescombe to visit too during free time or an extended break, sea front, castles gardens and Battle of Hastings historical sites.

Altogether a really enjoyable experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were very good and close to all the ameneties, although a few of the King rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lookglobal
Lamberhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from an excellent 2 day golf school at Sedlescombe Golf. Golf tuition was first class (thanks Phil), it was well structured, thought provoking and not over bearing in any way. You were simply given concise drills or changes to your game and given the space to practice and test on the range or on the par 3 or full course. The school is extremely well setup and should be beneficial for beginner or a low handicap player. Superb.

The course lodge, where we stayed for one night, was spacious, very comfortable and well equipped.

We ate at the golf club for lunch and the evening meal. Food was fantastic and the service friendly and professional, despite being a busy Saturday night.

In essence, i find it very hard to find a fault with the whole setup. For anyone looking to attend a golf school for a day or longer (no matter what your standard of golf is) will certainly not be disappointed.

First class.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bovey Tracey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Golf tuition was to a high standard, with a very friendly and patient Professional.
The golf was good with a choice of courses and plenty of practice facilities.
I made use of the well stocked golf shop, staff were very helpful and supplied me with correctly fitted clubs that suit me well.
Accomodation was excellent, very comfortable bed and well equipped room.
The food was better than expected with fresh fish straight from the fish market that day.
This is our second golf break here and we hope to return next year..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tromso
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us have just had some marvellous days at James Andrews Golfschool, at Sedlescombe Golf. Tuition with Phil helped quite a lot (even for me), picking up from last year, and a very nice stay at The Lodge. Sam and Felipe, and their crew at the kitchen, restaurant , hotel and proshop gave us excellent service. The Saturday trip on the old railway, K & ESR was a bonus, and is a very good idea.

Coming back next year.

Room Tip: King/Queen size on the ground floor are nice, with balconies on rooms 6 - 8.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Sedlescombe Golf Hotel a couple of years ago when we joined friends for a golf school weekend. However, this time we simply came to have dinner with friends and decided to stay overnight.

The golf resort is well laid out. The accommodation is away from the main golf club which houses the restaurant and bar. We had a large room with four poster bed (surprise!) which was gorgeous with dark wood paneling, although I needed a ladder to climb up into bed :-) There was a large bathroom with two sinks, toilet and corner bath. This was the only disappointment as my hubby prefers a shower but it didn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the room. The room also had a balcony (our room was situated on the ground floor) and lovely views across the fairway.

We met our friends for a drink in the bar and then went through to dinner. The restaurant was quite quiet, and both the food and service were very good.

We had an excellent night's sleep as the mattress was very comfortable (firm) and the duvet light but warm, as the room was cool overnight. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK SEDLESCOMBE WHERE THEY BUY THEIR DUVETS AS THEY ARE THE BEST!

There was a good choice at breakfast of continental or cooked, and after that we were given a free round on their 9-hole course included in our room reservation.

Overall, a very pleasant experience and one we would like to repeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
George Hotel
George Hotel
#5 of 5 in Battle

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!