“Great hotel on lovely grounds”

Sedlescombe Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sedlescombe
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel on lovely grounds”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My fiancé and I stayed a night at this hotel. We didn't actually play golf but wanted a relaxing night out of London and this hotel did just the trick!
Breakfast was included in the price and there was a choice of a full fry up or a continental breakfast. We also decided to have dinner at the hotel the night we stayed......weather was good so we sat outside which was nice as the restaurant over looked the golf course so it was a nice setting.
Our room was really spacious, immaculate and again over looked the grounds........all in all we were very happy with our stay here and would definitely recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: You would need a car to get in and out of the city centre however, its not that far away so you coul...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked this hotel because there wasn't anything available in Hastings and it's only a few minutes away. So glad we did though. The room (room 19) was lovely - bright and airy, view through the trees so not overlooked, lovely big bed, which was really comfortable. I'd recommend rooms 18 & 19 as these are a little bigger and have a good outlook. The hotel was in a quiet location but the mowers are out on the golf course early (my husband said), these may wake you if you're a very light sleeper but I slept through it every morning. The staff are all great. In particular the chef was excellent - the normal food was all of a really high standard but she also really understood my specific dietary requirements and made me really lovely meals that were not on the menu. I don't play golf but it looks like a great course and they do lots of golf school stays if you want to learn or improve - I might go back and make it an activity holiday!
A definite gem - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms 18 & 19 are the bigger rooms upstairs and overlook the golf course through trees.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
Italy
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My daugther and I stayed for 4 nights on the 3 half day intermediate course.
Really satisfied with everything. Everybody was very kind.
Friendly, professional... excellent tuition by Phil. B.
Two very nice people in our group.
Confortable and clean bedroom overlooking the golf course.
Delicious breakfasts and dinners at the Greens restaurant.
Long, absolutely pleasant hours on the courses that we liked a lot.
For sure we will return there next year, with my husband, too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milano
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Satisfied of the golf school. I've also liked the golf course and the clubs I've borrowed. Tasty food at Greens restaurant. Everybody has been kind. I've been lucky with the weather: 5 days sunny . I hope to come back.

• Stayed July 2014
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wanting to learn golf whilst working full time, I booked the 5 half day beginners course whilst my husband booked the advanced lessons. On arrival the staff were very welcoming,creating a very relaxed environment. We were very impressed with our accomodation which was very clean, spacious and overlooked the golf course.

Both our tutors, Tim and Phil were very friendly and patient, I personally learnt so much in my 5 mornings, whilst enjoying the facilities in the afternoon. I look forward to booking my 3 half day intermediate course.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on the 3 half day intermediate course. Comfortable room which was a decent size and overlooked the golf course. The restaurant cooks to order so is a tad slow on the service but it is worth it for the quality of the food which is excellent. Our lessons were with Dan and incredibly on my first round since the course I shot my personal best score by 9 shots (scored 89, previous best 98) so I can wholeheartedly recommended it.

Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very friendly, accommodating, professional staff in every department. Our guest room was superb (apart from there being a bath but no shower cubicle). We had ground floor, an enormous 4 poster bed, doors onto terrace and a view of the golf course. The food in the bar and restaurant was quite exquisite and worthy of any fine dining establishment. Finally, the golf tuition was brilliant. I was in a group of 3 people and we had the same professional (and patient) teacher for the whole 5 days. I am now looking to put the lesson into practice. It is not an over-night transition, because I have been doing quite a lot of things incorrectly for a long time. However, I now have a mental 'blue-print' of what to do and how to do it properly. The Par 3 course could do with a little TLC, but the 18 hole course is quite challenging. Well worth the journey and the price

Room Tip: Various types and sizes of rooms. Some ground floor have doors onto terrace
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedlescombe
Claverton Country House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Battle
The Mermaid Inn
The Mermaid Inn
#1 of 9 in Rye

Been to Sedlescombe Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!